Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

Assign Xap uid??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assign Xap uid??

Is there a way to assign a uid to a Xap message that is generated by a script?

I have an event that sends CID info from Way2call but the Xap uid is Homeseer's master uid so I get all messages from HS when I enable it. Like x10 stuff going on.

I am using Xserver & router and want to send only the CID event message. It just does not have a unique address of its own.

Just thought I could add something to the message sending script below so I could select just those messages to be sent to Xserver.

Sub Main
    dim callname
    dim callnmbr
    ' get the caller directory name
    callname = hsp.cidname(1)
    ' get the phone number
    callnmbr = hsp.cidnumber(1)

body="CID.Incoming" & chr(10) & "{" & chr(10) & "name=callname" & chr(10) & "phone=callnmbr" & chr(10) & "}" & chr(10)
    hs.plugin("xAP Conduit").sendxapmessage "CID.Incoming",body

End Sub
    <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->__________________
    HS2 Environment
    Zotac 1.83 GHz Quadcore
    HomeSeer Way2Call
    Netiom-Xap board
    opnode 1-wire 1.2.7
    Plug-In's
    WeatherXML 1.0.0.32
    Pwr Link USB 1.0.0.13
    mcsTemp V6.2.0.14
    mcsXap V3.0.0.0/3.0.0.20
    IM Connector 4.87.2.5
    Sip Connector 2.56.2.4
    RFXCOM 15.0.0.22
    Odroid X2
    Asterisk 11.5.1
    FreePBX 2.11.0.42
    WebMin 1.720
    Xap Switchboard by Mi4

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

The script prototype for mcsXap is shown below. I know I had a reason to alter the UID from the HS UID sometime in the past, but don't recall what it what the situation was.

Code:
    Public Sub SendXapMessage(sTarget As String, sClass As String, sSection As String, sData As String, Optional sSubaddress As String, Optional sUIDIn As String)
    The capabilty also exists with xapmcsScript with the following prototype. It might be a round-about way to have xAP-Conduit send a HS UID to xapmcsScript where it is rerouted with a different UID to XServer.

Code:
    Public Sub SendXapMessage(sTarget As Variant, sClass As Variant, sSection As Variant, sData As Variant, sSubaddress As Variant, sUIDIn As Variant, sTargetSubaddress As Variant)
    Of course the easiest way is if it can be done directly with xAP Conduit.

Comment

Originally posted by HomeTech View Post
      Is there a way to assign a uid to a Xap message that is generated by a script?

I have an event that sends CID info from Way2call but the Xap uid is Homeseer's master uid so I get all messages from HS when I enable it. Like x10 stuff going on.

I am using Xserver & router and want to send only the CID event message. It just does not have a unique address of its own.
      As it is the 'HomeSeer application' that is originating the message it is actually correct that its master UID is used. However I can see that you may wish to filter the messages based on UID to reduce the number that are sent over the remote link, if it's a slow link.

What could be beneficial would be to allow the last two digits of the UID to be settable from a script - effectively creating a sub address (individual endpoint) and then to support filtering at this level within XRouter. If you created a whole new UID then that UID would actually be regarded as a totally separate xAP device and would therefore require heartbeats and a unique source address too, so that's probably not the way to go.

xAP is designed as a broadcast protocol and so any filtering applied by X-Router compromises this methodology somewhat. The filtering was there to support lower speed links and also add some levels of security filtering. Filetering at a sub address level was not really considered. What impact does the other XAP traffic cause you or is it just cosmetic ?

Just checking also - presumably you do want the X10 xAP stuff appearing on your wired local network ? Otherwise you could disable xAP on X10 and other devices totally. Each individual device in HomeSeer can have xAP enabled independently.

Let me have a chat with J about this and see what we can come up with...

K

Comment

Yes I am just not wanting to send stuff over XServer to the far end remote. It does not matter to much since I have a Fiber connection at one end and a DSL pipe at the other. Just didn't see a need for all that traffic.

On another note I just got my asterisk box to talk Xap using the asterisk x (can't remember what the x stands for) connector (axc). It sends CIT messages and CID.Meteor info still learning all that it sends. Need more info.

Here is one message that poped out

1/23/2007 2:06:52 PM
        xap-header
        {
        v=12
        hop=1
        uid=FF414309
        class=xAPBSC.info
        source=mi4.homeseer.hood.96:Asterisk.houseextensionskitchenE xtensionstate
        }
        output.state
        {
        state=ON
        name=house extensions kitchen Extension state
        location=Asterisk
        text=offhook
        }

here is a CID message from Asterisk:
        Total received messages 1870 (44.5/min)
        Last xAP Message received 1/23/2007 2:09:47 PM
        xap-header
        {
        v=12
        hop=1
        uid=FFE80002
        class=CID.Meteor
        source=liming.axc.house:Kitchen.vitel
        }
        Incoming.CallWithCID
        {
        rnnumber=Available
        datetime=20070123140943
        tag=1169579383.26-1169579383.28
        type=Voice
        name=Vtell_Paul (PCS)
        phone=2602463
        Last edited by HomeTech; January 23rd, 2007, 02:11 PM.
        HS2 Environment
        Zotac 1.83 GHz Quadcore
        HomeSeer Way2Call
        Netiom-Xap board
        opnode 1-wire 1.2.7
        Plug-In's
        WeatherXML 1.0.0.32
        Pwr Link USB 1.0.0.13
        mcsTemp V6.2.0.14
        mcsXap V3.0.0.0/3.0.0.20
        IM Connector 4.87.2.5
        Sip Connector 2.56.2.4
        RFXCOM 15.0.0.22
        Odroid X2
        Asterisk 11.5.1
        FreePBX 2.11.0.42
        WebMin 1.720
        Xap Switchboard by Mi4

There is no place Like 127.0.0.1

Comment

I keep meaning to get my * setup working - I tried once but failed...

One thing to keep an eye on is that the xAP * connector is originating its own xAP messages but so will any HomeSeer device setup to match (mirror) that info - if you enable it (the HS device) as a BSC controllable device .

I noticed in your example that the first message is originating from HomeSeer rather than *. This might of course be exactly as you intended and the HS device is deliberately constructed to provide that information - * itself not offering it natively via xAP. Having not used the * xAP conduit I'm not sure.

K

Comment

Working...
          X