Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

How to send IR command via XAP from Homeseer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to send IR command via XAP from Homeseer

Thanks to help from several of you, I have successfully connected an Ocelot with a SECU16-IR as module 1 and a SECU16 as module 2 to XAPMcsAdiOcelot v2.0.56. I also installed the mcsXAP interface in HS2.

What I'm trying to do now is send an XAP message from HS2 that will be received by XAPMcsAdiOcelot and cause the Ocelot to transmit IR code 1 from IR zone 0 on Ocelot module 1. Can someone show me an example of how I send such a message from HS2?

You may want to change threads since this one is for xAP Conduit if you are using mcsXap. With mcsXap what you do is select mcsXap as Homeseer's IR interface and then use the normal set of HS functions that do IR such as the HS browser buttons or the hs.SendIR scritpt commands.

When you look with the xap viewer you will see an IR schema being sent to xapmcsADIOcelot. There are two IR schema floating around. One uses names for the devices and the other aligns with Homeseer and used IR locations. I do not recall which mcsXap now uses. If you get to the point of seeing the IR schema and xapmcsADIOcelot does not respond then I will investigate if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
      You may want to change threads since this one is for xAP Conduit if you are using mcsXap. With mcsXap what you do is select mcsXap as Homeseer's IR interface and then use the normal set of HS functions that do IR such as the HS browser buttons or the hs.SendIR scritpt commands.

When you look with the xap viewer you will see an IR schema being sent to xapmcsADIOcelot. There are two IR schema floating around. One uses names for the devices and the other aligns with Homeseer and used IR locations. I do not recall which mcsXap now uses. If you get to the point of seeing the IR schema and xapmcsADIOcelot does not respond then I will investigate if necessary.
      Michael, I can't set mcsXap as HS's IR interface because I'm also using a USBUIRT device, and that needs to be set as HS's IR interface. The main reason I'm using Xap to control my Ocelot/Secu16-IR is because HS only supports a single IR interface, so I need to access the Ocelot through Xap.

So, I guess I can do what you suggest temporarily just to learn the xap message format to send an ir signal from the secu16-ir, but once I have the format, I assume there is a way to send an XAP message from Homeseer that the XapAdiconOcelot will receive and can process as an instruction to trigger an IR output. Am I thinking about this correctly? And if so, how do I send an Xap message from HS?

Lastly, my next effort will be to monitor inputs on my SECU16. I think I can get the XapAdiconOcelot software to send an XAP message when certain inputs change on the SECU16, but then I need HS to receive and process those messages as events. How do I do that?

Thanks very much for your patience in helping me through this.

Comment

Working...
      X