Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

xAP Viewer load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks,

interesting that the barionet xAp.bas programming was done by Edward Pearson (co-author of the BCS schema). I will take it up with him from here.

thanks for your help

Comment

Andre,

I sent you revised firmware for the Barionet but it doesn't look like you are using it ! That is an old version, what is the version number ? The one I sent is implements xAP v1.3 and those packets are xAP 1.2 (v=12).

Aside from that the Barionet implements dual schema , xAP BSC v1.3 and a custom schema of class=xAP-Temp.Notification. You should in Viewer see messages from individual endpoints with class=xapbsc.info for example. Only outputs can be controlled from xAP/HomeSeer but all endpoints show true realtime status. Some samples are below.

I have looked at the current code and there is an old subroutine in it that sent these compound status messages but it was not implemented in BSCv1.3 and the subroutine is now orphanedl and not called from anywhere in the code so I have no idea how you are seeing the xAPstatus.info schema. Have you in any way adapted the code or perhaps it is a very early version still based on BSC v1.2 ? BSC v1.2 did not use sub addressing.

Please load the Barionet xAP module v1.12_ (v12b) that I sent you and give it another try... It is just coincidence it is version 12 - as it implements xAP v1.3 and BSC v1.3. Tokenize the source or tftp upload the .cob if you are using the same Barionet firmware as me (2.08)

Kevin

xap-header
      {
      v=13
      hop=1
      uid=FF.2122:02
      class=xAPBSC.info
      source=ERSP.Barix.Barionet.Barionet1:Output.Relay.2
      }
      output.state
      {
      State=Off
      }

xap-header
      {
      v=13
      hop=1
      uid=FF.2122:C2
      class=xAPBSC.info
      source=ERSP.Barix.Barionet.Barionet1:Input.Analog.2
      }
      input.state
      {
      State=on
      Level=1020/1023
      }

xap-header
      {
      v=13
      hop=1
      uid=FF.2122:E7
      class=xAPBSC.info
      source=ERSP.Barix.Barionet.Barionet1:Input.1-wire.7
      }
      input.state
      {
      State=on
      Level=16/70
      }

I am not sure how useful this 1-wire BSC level message is - it might need some revision but it looks like a centigrade value but could only ever report 0 to 70 degrees - I'll take a look at it and see if it would be better presented as a BSC text device. BTW This was the paired message in the other schema.

xap-header
      {
      v=13
      hop=1
      uid=FF.2122:00
      class=xAP-Temp.Notification
      source=ERSP.Barix.Barionet.Barionet1
      }
      temperature.current
      {
      temp=16
      unit=C
      location=Sensor7
      }

Comment

Andre,

Although I am using Michaels .Net plugin rather than the hybrid I have introduced a couple of each of the 5 different Barionet I/O types into HomeSeer and they all work just as expected :-) For the output types (the relays and digital) HomeSeer correctly created the On and Off control buttons and these work to change the Barionet outputs.

1-wire
        Analog In
        Digital In
        Digital Out
        Relay Out

I think if you load recent firmware all will be well - make sure you have the latest Viewer too - persevere - we'll get you going

Kevin

PS For those interested the Barionet is a DIN rail mount I/O controller made by German company Barix. It has an Ethernet interface and built in web server . You can write your own applications in a basic like language to run embedded on it too. There is a free xAP firmware update for this that xAP enables the I/O using the BSC v1.3 schema . A very tidy embedded xAP solution and of course it's I/O just appears as devices in HomeSeer using the free mcx xAP plugin (or the mi4 one). Almost plug and play.....

http://www.barix.com/index.php?linkid=511

Comment

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the much needed help.

I missed the email you sent with the updated firmware (must say my inbox looks much like my desk ;-(, Please resend to andrevdm@sun.ac.za

even with the old version i last night managed to create devices on Homeseer. (i did not modify the code so its probably ancient). For sure the new version will now do the job.

I have 11 barionets here in a lab which the third year students will lave to program. Micro Manufacturing Robot control and MM-Management information management are the main focus areas. Homeseer is actually a very easy (and forgiving) environment to teach in and now has the power of xAP interfacing. Of course HS with xAP running on several pc's duplicates the devices to all pc's which "shares" the devices. it will be interesting to see how the students would manage these clashes..... (or crashes...)

thanks again

Comment

Originally posted by CouchPotatoe View Post
            Andre,

xap-header
            {
            v=13
            hop=1
            uid=FF.2122:E7
            class=xAPBSC.info
            source=ERSP.Barix.Barionet.Barionet1:Input.1-wire.7
            }
            input.state
            {
            State=on
            Level=16/70
            }

I am not sure how useful this 1-wire BSC level message is - it might need some revision but it looks like a centigrade value but could only ever report 0 to 70 degrees - I'll take a look at it and see if it would be better presented as a BSC text device. BTW This was the paired message in the other schema.

xap-header
            {
            v=13
            hop=1
            uid=FF.2122:00
            class=xAP-Temp.Notification
            source=ERSP.Barix.Barionet.Barionet1
            }
            temperature.current
            {
            temp=16
            unit=C
            location=Sensor7
            }
            Kevin,

I have found that my 1-wire temp sensors are not always accurate and might need some offset adjustment. This "calibration" might be considered when you revisit the schema output to a text. (sorry for giving you work). can i help devise the algorithm?

Andre

Comment

Originally posted by acutec View Post
              Hi Kevin,

Homeseer is actually a very easy (and forgiving) environment to teach in and now has the power of xAP interfacing. Of course HS with xAP running on several pc's duplicates the devices to all pc's which "shares" the devices.
              This is the beauty of xAP - the devices are all networked and so can be realtime updated in many different applications. No longer is a sensor owned and monopolised by a controller.

This also of course allows a truly distributed control network to be implemented, every device can acquire realtime status and control every other device. A lightswitch can directly command a light, or a light can watch the lightswitch and react.

You can also implement a classic centralised controller approach where actions are channelled through. Indeed several controllers should you wish - and even redundant controllers that can watch and step in on failure.

This flexible methodology has proved interesting to many university automation departments - we have one here in the UK who bought some xAP C-Bus controllers for a student course.

In the wider world you might have to consider security on a xAP network due to the open architecture. Of course devices can restrict who can control them to certain other devices but these are easily spoofed. In a friendly home environment this isn't a concern and because xAP is UDP based it doesn't route naturally over the internet. You can tunnel it via TCP of course. One commercial HA developer uses xAP as their inter process event mechanism although they have applied encryption and I believe a key based node challenge system for authenticity validation.

The great thing about xAP in a HA environment is that it makes so many things that were previously awkward to do - very easy. It provides a methodology.

K

PS I have emailed you the files again to the new address

Comment

Originally posted by acutec View Post
                Kevin,

I have found that my 1-wire temp sensors are not always accurate and might need some offset adjustment. This "calibration" might be considered when you revisit the schema output to a text. (sorry for giving you work). can i help devise the algorithm?

Andre
                The source code to the xAP BCL is provided so you can easily add this. HomeSeer too could offset the values.

In a way it might make the implementation overly complicated for some users but if you were to have some changes , perhaps by offsets included in the config file then I could merge your code into a released version. Probably the config file should be XML based and there should be a web interface written for the xAP application that allowed updating of the config file. Done this way it would be much more intuitive and also wouldn't require creating and uploading a new .cob file everytime you wanted to update the config.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                X