Announcement

Collapse

Contacting HomeSeer This Week

HomeSeer is open and operational this week. All orders are being processed and shipped as usual. However, some staff are working from home. If you need to contact HomeSeer for support or customer service, please use our Email or Chat options. https://homeseer.com/contact-us/
See more
See less

mcsXAP issue or ...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mcsXAP issue or ...?

Hi

I've managed to switch from the xAP Conduit plugin to mcsXap to intregrate HS with Xlobby. Everything works fine but i'm having problems implementing dimming commands. Xlobby sends the xap message and mcsxap responds but doesn't perform the dimming action on HS

Message sent from Xlobby is: xAPBSC.cmd
    Code:
    xap-header
    {
    v=12
    Hop=1
    UID=FFDECB00
    Class=xAPBSC.cmd
    Source=PTrinchi.Xlobby.HTPC
    Target=mcs.Xap.X10:1st_floor.bedroom_2_side_lamp
    }
    output.state.1
    {
    id=*
    state=on
    Level=70%
    }
    and the corresponding response :xapbsc.event
    Code:
    xap-header
    {
    v=13
    hop=1
    uid=FF.000E:4109
    class=xapbsc.event
    source=mcs.Xap.X10:1st_Floor.Bedroom_2_Side_Lamp
    }
    output.state
    {
    state=ON
    text=70
    }
    1.Why is HS not dimming the lights?
    2.Is the syntax of the xAPBSC.cmd correct?
    3.Isn't mscxap supposed to respond with "state=ON, level=70" ??

1.Why is HS not dimming the lights?
    2.Is the syntax of the xAPBSC.cmd correct?
    3.Isn't mscxap supposed to respond with "state=ON, level=70" ??
    The xAPBSC schema is mapped into the Homeseer IO interface. With the IO interface the DeviceStatus, DeviceValue and DeviceString are all independent properties. The HS IO plugin associated with the DeviceCode you mapped "1st_Floor.Bedroom_2_Side_Lamp" endpoint into will respond to the commands to change the DeviceStatus=ON, DeviceValue=70.

If you want X10 behavior and use of the Homeseer X10 interface then you will want to use the xap-x10 schema from XLobby. This schema is interpreted for action on both the state and brightness level together and will route it through the Homeseer X10 interface. Assuming that the X10 plugin you are using (e.g. CM11A/CM12U) supports DIM/Brightness then you will have the desired control.

mcsXap will accept either xAPBSC Level or Text and map it into Homeseer DeviceValue. It has no memory if the DeviceValue was populated with a Level or Text command so when it sends xAPBSC it will always use the Text key.

Edward Pearson has a CM11A/CM12U xAP connector that will respond to either xAPBSC or xap-x10 schema. If you use this the the XLobby command would be acted upon by this connector to dim the lights and Homeseer status would be updated as it is now. mcsXap could be used as the X10 interface to Homeseer so any X10 commands sent by Homeseer would be acted upon by the xAP connector to control the hardware.

So you have two ways to accomplish what you desire. I use mcsXap as my X10 interface and my own CM11A connector. All my hardware interfaces are managed by xAP connectors and Homeseer contains only event logic and status display. I typically also have the basic control logic in the xAP output connectors and use Homeseer logic for supervisory control and monitoring. This architecture maximizes the availabiltiy of functionality vs. the all-or-nothing Homeseer central architecture.

You may also want to direct mcsXap questions on the xAP Disscussion subforum as James may be subscribing to the xAP Plug-in forum and he will not be able to address the mcsXap issues.

Comment

Working...
    X