This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barix Barionet Support

Does the Barionet support xAP right out of the box?

Out of the box, the Barionet supports programming in Barix Control Language (BCL) which is an embedded Basic language. I have written a script in BCL to enable xAP control of the Barionet using the xAP Basic Status and Control schema (BSC). I demonstrated this at UKHA04 interacting with, amongst other xAP implementations, the HomeSeer plug-in.

The BCL script allows xAP BSC access to the Barionet's relays, digital inputs, digital outputs, analog inputs and 1-wire temperature sensors. The script is also intended to be the basis for constructing an embedded xAP application for the Barionet - eg, heating controller, spa controller. I am currently working on integrating the Barionet with Dynalite's lighting control bus.

Comment

Edward,

Is there any chance that you would share this script? My company is donating 30 Barionets to a school in Canada to automate their classrooms (lighting,audio/video control,etc) and we have been trying to develop our own software to control the Barionets. If xAP can speed up the process, maybe we could hire you to help us. Please let me know if you are interested.

Comment

Yes, perfectly happy to share it. Enclosed.
        Attached Files

Comment

Edward,

Thanks the file, but we get an error when we run the tokenizer. Would you be able to send me a .tok or a .cob file? Thank you.

Comment

Enclosed butI can't see how this will be very productive as you will want to use this code as the basis of your application so will need to edit it. What's the error? Maybe you just need to change the file name - the tokeniser only works with DOS compatible file names.
            Attached Files

Comment

Edward,

Here is the error that we are getting:

LINE NUMBER: 198; POSSIBLE ERROR IN 1 TOKEN OF FOLLOWING LINE:

dim sTempd(8) 'temperature sensors
              Null pointer assignment

Thanks,

Ron

Comment

The Barionet xAP code has been updated since this post, it now is xAP v1.3 and BSC v1.3 compliant - should people want a more up to date version please contact me by PM

Kevin

Comment

A new release has been sent to all users - contact me if you didn't receive it.

There will likely be one more revision (from Andre) - who has added support for additional I/O modules connected via Modbus.

K

Comment

Working...
                  X