X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

xAP Plugin latest status.

Hi,

It been a while since the last beta. Apologies for this. This is to say work on it hasn't stalled, stopped or even paused, it's just I keep adding and fixing things and never seem to get to that stage for a release.

The current work in progress version has the following changes.
    Uses the new BSC v1.3 spec rather than the older 1.2 - See the post on Basic Status and Control for more info on this one.
    You can now configure per device what info is sent over xAP. You can disable BSC and/or disable the sending of homeseer.change messages.
    If the plugin add devices based on BSC it no longer sends out BSC info for that device. You can always re-enable it in the config screen.
    Problems when IR buttons had symbols in them is fixed.
    many other fixes and tweaks too.
    If you would like to try this version you can download it here.
    hspi_xap.zip
    or as an msi
    msi version

More posts soon.

James

James,

I just got around to trying this out. Is there a way to stop the X10-xAP events from being generated for a device? I've got a couple of hundred devices and I really only want about 40 of those to generate any xAP events, the rest I don't want any xAP messages generated at all. From your description it seems like this is possible but I can't figure out how to do it.

Thanks,
    Bill

Comment

I think that if you go to the xAP Conduit item on the GUI interface, the config option may do what you want

Kevin

Comment

Yes and just to expand a little - In the Config Menu it will list all your HomeSeer devices - on an individual basis you can turn ON or OFF xAP messages - the two columns are labeled

BSC - Meaning the xAPBSC Basic Status & control v1.3 schema

HSC - Meaning the HomeSeer.change schema which provides for a little more information but of course is a specific HomeSeer schema. Often you will leave both enabled

K

Comment

That is why I am confused, I don't see those columns, all I see is a list of my devices, but nothing else. I'll look at it again tonight.

Bill

Comment

The attached are the "xAP Conduit/Config" screen and the "xAP Conduit/Device Event Change" screen. I don't see any way to change anything.

Bill
            Attached Files

Comment

Hmm you dont have the latest xAP plugin ... I am using version 0.8.125 , the latest may differ a little but I am guessing yours is much earlier. I tried to use the links above to check the vesrion on the mi4 site but they are broken. The download on mi4 is an MSI so it's hard for me to see the version in that . I will contact James and ask him to clarify the latest version and fix the links..

K

Comment

The MSI installer on http://www.mi4.biz does indeed contain the latest build and the temporary links above are no more . Install that and hopefully you'll get all those options. There are many improvements in that version including full support of BSC v1.3 (BSC v1.2 support is now depracted).

Kevin

Comment

Thanks, that was it! I knew things didn't look right for what everyone was saying about the latest release, that is why I posted those screen shots. I had version 0.7.something. I did download from mi4.biz twice a few weeks ago and that is what I got. But I just downloaded again and got the new release. I'm happy now.

Bill

Comment

Working...
                  X