This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with XAP and nitrogen logic kinect setup

I am using the nitrogen logic depth camera controllers with the xap plugin in my occupancy setup but I am wondering how I can get it to control the event based on occupancy and light level, they are both provided in the xap message but I'm not sure how to set them up in an event. I currently have them working with occupancy only but cant figure out how to get the brightness added to the event.

This is an example of the message provided.

xap-header
    {
    v=12
    hop=1
    uid=FF528001
    class=xapbsc.event
    source=n2l.depth.logic.controller.01.b9.41:master_bed_4
    }
    input.state
    {
    State=OFF
    Level=116/1000
    }

I currently can get it to control the light based on level which is the brightness in the room or the the state which is reported on or off, Can I incorporate but of them in an event so that for instance when the room is occupied and the light level is lower than the set level it will turn on the light.

Thanks Ken
    HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

One way would be to use the occupancy as a condition on the event. On the event trigger tab, check the box to apply conditions, then select a device condition, then the proper device from the drop-down list and the appropriate state.
    Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

I'm not sure I follow you would I need to create a device for the Xap message that reports occupancy. I dont see any devices for xap in the list. Please forgive me if my questions seems dumb, I am new to Homeseer and it is a huge learnign curve with all that it is capable of. Both the occupancy and light levels and reported via xap message from the kinect sensor.

you help is greatly appreciated

Cheers Ken
      HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

The only dumb question is the one you don't ask when you don't know.

I should emphasize that I am not an expert by any means. I've stumbled around, and with Michael McSharry's help can now accomplish what I want to accomplish.

If you are using the mcsXap plug-in you should have a configuration page that looks like the picture below. If you put a check in the box by 'Show Homeseer Received BSC' it should be populated with a list of received xAP messages. A check mark in the 'A' column (for accept) should produce a Homeseer device corresponding to that message.
        Attached Files
        Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Ok, i must be missing something because in the Xap plug in it is only showing the heart beat messages none of the other ones are there but HS is acting on them. and they all appear in the xfx viewer? Any idea what I'm missing?

Thanks Ken

Comment

The source address of the message you showed at the start of the thread contains 7 levels of address. There is nothing wrong with it, but is deeper than I have ever seen before and I am concerned about how it may be displayed with filter only setup for 4 levels.

There is a debug checkbox with mcsXap plugin. If you check it then more detailed information will go the log. After a message such as the one you showed is transmitted and you tried to view mcsXap setup with browser then post the log. It will be in HS folder Homeseer.LOG. You can also post the \Config\mcsXapSettings.ini that contains your setup.

Comment

Ok, I got a little further with it. I know see all of my xap messages added as devices, what I am now hoping to do it have thee event triggered by the zone occupancy and then use the brightness level as a condition, for example if some one is in the zone and the brightness level is 70/100 it wont trigger the light but if it is 30/100 it will. any help setting this up is appreciated.

Thanks
              Ken

Comment

In your example the 70 should be available in the DeviceValue of the HS device. In your event you should be able to setup a condition as the Device Value of this device. Others will be able to help more with setting up conditions with events in HS2.

I do not know what you use to indicate occupancy as your event trigger.

Comment

I can figure out how to trigger them with the light level in the xAP message or with the occupancy from the xAP message but I would like to combine them so if the zone is occupied and the light level is below the set point it will trigger the event

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
                    Ok, I got a little further with it. I know see all of my xap messages added as devices. . .
                    Can you post a screen shot of your xAP devices? The list should be similar to this:
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for your help guys, I finally got it. I was just over looking that Hs made two devices for these messages. One for the occupancy and one for the light levels. Now that I found the light levels I am able to use the device levels as a condition for the occupancy triggers

Cheers Ken

Comment

Great. Glad to hear it. I also wouldn't have expected two devices for one message, but it makes sense (after the fact).

Comment

Working...
                        X