This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
    ... If you have an older version of mcsXap that was working for you then you can continue to use it under W8 and Access. Older versions are on mcsSprinkers.com.
    Thanks Michael, I think I will try the older version (1.4.0.9) that is working on my old XP machine, hoping that will be the path of least resistance. I assume that means I will need to do the same for all my old system mcs programs, since they all use Access, which is ok if they run OK under Win8.

... If you have HS/mcsXap setup to accept devices from an old computer and you want to have the same devices from a new computer then you will need to edit the source of the device in the database while HS/mcsXap is not running.[/QUOTE]

I went in and changed all the machine names all the tables in my %Homeseer Directory%\data\mcsXap.mdb from old to new, as well as in the device in the mcsXapDevices.ini file. Seemed to come up ok when I restarted HS and enabled mcsXap. Config worked, but of course the plugin is the only component installed right now. I haven't even moved the 1Wire devices over yet.

Thanks again
    Gary

Comment

Another Glitch...

Michael, I tried moving my old system version of xapmcs1Wire.exe from my XP system to my new system. Unfortunately, my virus detection, Kaspersky INS 2015, detects the HEUR:Trojan-Downloader.Win32.Generic virus and deletes it. This may be the same situation as this thread. I tried downloading a fresh copy from your web site but the download button for xapmcsOneWire gives me a 404. I didn't want to create an exception for this exe coming from my old system, which has different virus protection, just in case it became infected there. Do you know anything about this?

Could you send/provide me your latest version of xapmcs1Wire.exe that uses Access? I assume that precludes any of the .NET versions?

Thanks
      Gary

Comment

.NET is SQLite. The latest VB6 is shown with the version log http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=101056. Don't know any more about the Trojan.

Comment

.NET is SQLite. The latest VB6 is shown with the version log http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=101056. Don't know any more about the Trojan.
          Yes, I tried that (VB6) link. I get a 404.

Gary

Comment

I switched to a new server last month and tried to copy everything. I am surprised this one did not copy as it is old. I uploaded again.

Comment

I switched to a new server last month and tried to copy everything. I am surprised this one did not copy as it is old. I uploaded again.
              I got it. Just to be clear, when I unzipped it, it shows a couple files with .NET file names (i.e. OneWireAPI.NET_4.0.0.31043.dll and OneWireAPI.NET.dll). The exe, which is all I need, is VB6/Access however, right?

Thanks
              Gary

Comment

I placed the extracted files in my %Homeseer Directory%\XAP\xapmcs1Wire directory. I then installed:
                .NET J# 2.0, 64 bit (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=15468)
                Maxim 64 bit 1-wire drivers (http://www.maximintegrated.com/en/pr...ad_drivers.cfm)

I started xapHub and then the "View Traffic" box (The "System Config" and "System Status) links don't seem to do anything). Nothing appears in the text box until I start xapmcs1lWire.exe. Then almost immediately I get:
                xap-header
                {
                v=13
                hop=1
                uid=FF000500
                class=Homeseer.Event
                source=mcs.OneWire.Lian34G
                }
                Event.Log
                {
                Time=2/2/2015 01:28:33 PM
                Type=xapmcs1Wire
                Data=SetAdapterPort=COM7, Err#=5,Err Desc=Specified adapter name "{DS9097U_DS9480}" is not known Line 126 Specified adapter name "{DS9097U_DS9480}" is not known
                }

It did pick up the correct COM port (same as on my old system), but I have no idea where it got the "Line 126" DS9097U_DS9480 adapter. I don't have any of those, the first thing it should see is the Hobby Boards Hub.

A few seconds later:
                v=13
                hop=1
                uid=FF000500
                class=xap-hbeat.alive
                source=mcs.OneWire.Lian34G
                interval=60
                port=50863
                }

This tells me that it did pick up the new system machine name, at least with this report. A few seconds later I get:
                xap-hbeat
                {
                v=13
                hop=1
                uid=FF.000E:00
                class=xap-hbeat.alive
                source=mcs.Xap.SLVRS22G
                interval=600
                port=32768
                }

I have no idea where it picked up my old system computer name unless this was a response that came in from a command sent out prior to moving the serial Hub connection to the new machine.

At this point however the traffic goes silent. I does not appear that any of the dBs or txt files are being updated and certainly none of the associated HS2 devices are being updated. Any thoughts?

Gary

Comment

The files associated with .NET are not the V2.x xapmcs1wire and will be SQLite. The old xapmcs1wire zip file apparently was overwritten by some version of the .NET implementation. I can rebuild VB6 from the source files, but first attempt failed because I did not have the old drivers installed. Ran out of time so need to try again tomorrow.

One Wire drivers come with an application to set the default port and adapter type. Maxim changed the naming convention for the adapters so the adapter type name will change based upon the version of drivers. I also know the latest set of drivers from Maxim will not work with the VB6 implementation because they broke the COM drivers when they tried to make drivers compatible with both .NET and COM. The 4.00 drivers is what I show xapmcs1wire VB6 trying to use.

HobbyBoards has migrated to proprietary devices for 1-wire that are not supported by standards adapter libraries. I know I did the implementation of their 4 port hub. Their original master used same chips as DS9097U so it looks to the drivers as that type of device.

Comment

Wait...

The files associated with .NET are not the V2.x xapmcs1wire and will be SQLite. The old xapmcs1wire zip file apparently was overwritten by some version of the .NET implementation. I can rebuild VB6 from the source files, but first attempt failed because I did not have the old drivers installed. Ran out of time so need to try again tomorrow.
                    If I'm not too late, hold off on the VB6, on my account. You cant have a lot of energy supporting old stuff. I will install sqllite3 and see if I can get the .NET versions working. Looks like I will have to recreate all my 1Wire devices, and visit all my events. I was hoping to avoid that effort.

One Wire drivers come with an application to set the default port and adapter type. Maxim changed the naming convention for the adapters so the adapter type name will change based upon the version of drivers. I also know the latest set of drivers from Maxim will not work with the VB6 implementation because they broke the COM drivers when they tried to make drivers compatible with both .NET and COM. The 4.00 drivers is what I show xapmcs1wire VB6 trying to use.
                    I guess I installed their latest drivers, another reason to go forward with the .NET 1Wire. I will say however, that before installing the Maxim drivers (and J# .NET v2.0) I was getting these errors:
                    2/2/2015 01:01:37 PM ~!~xapmcs1wire~!~mcs.onewire.lian34g | setadapterport=com7, err#=5,err desc=the type initializer for 'com.dalsemi.onewire.onewireaccessprovider' threw an exception. line 126 the type initializer for 'com.dalsemi.onewire.onewireaccessprovider' threw an exception.

After installing both, the errors went away. So the driver installed did seem to have "some" effect.

HobbyBoards has migrated to proprietary devices for 1-wire that are not supported by standards adapter libraries. I know I did the implementation of their 4 port hub. Their original master used same chips as DS9097U so it looks to the drivers as that type of device.
                    I hope this does not mean my old HB Hub will not work with your .NET 1Wire (Plugin, Hub, 1Wire, Temp0x) programs?

Thanks much, and I will get back to you on the .NET testing.

Gary

Comment

I no idea??

Originally posted by Kbevo View Post
                      If I'm not too late, hold off on the VB6, on my account. You cant have a lot of energy supporting old stuff. I will install sqllite3 and see if I can get the .NET versions working. Looks like I will have to recreate all my 1Wire devices, and visit all my events. I was hoping to avoid that effort.
                      I did install the mono.data.sqllite dll from your prior post in my HS2 directory. However...

Given, ongoing support of your XAP programs (vs HS3, for example), which one of these (many) versions of SQLLite .NET do you now recommend me installing?
                      http://system.data.sqlite.org/index....downloads.wiki

Thanks
                      Gary

Comment

Full Circle...

Originally posted by Kbevo
                        If that is not correct, hopefully I can uninstall it without negative consequence.
                        After installing SQLLite and C++ 2012 (see above), I enabled the XAP Plug-in and it produced the same errors as before the install. Still looking for the sqlite3 dll, which does not exist on my system. Which means I either installed the wrong thing, or there is a step or two missing?

Errors:
                        2/4/2015 11:22:06 AM ~!~mcsXap~!~Version 2.5.81 Registered with Homeseer
                        2/4/2015 11:22:06 AM ~!~Plug-In~!~Initializing Plug-in: mcsXap
                        2/4/2015 11:22:06 AM ~!~mcsXap~!~GetPluginTriggers
                        2/4/2015 11:22:06 AM ~!~mcsXap~!~GetSchema Line 0 Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
                        2/4/2015 11:22:06 AM ~!~mcsXap~!~ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE xAPBSC ([ID] IDENTITY(1,1), Source VARCHAR (255) NULL , DC VARCHAR (255) NULL , Reject INT NULL , Accept INT NULL , UID VARCHAR (255) NULL , Controllable INT NULL , DetectedDate TEXT NULL , MaxLevel VARCHAR (255) NULL ) Line 0 Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
                        2/4/2015 11:22:06 AM ~!~mcsXap~!~ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE xAP_OTHER ([ID] IDENTITY(1,1), Source VARCHAR (255) NULL , DC VARCHAR (255) NULL , Reject INT NULL , Accept INT NULL , UID VARCHAR (255) NULL , Controllable INT NULL , DetectedDate TEXT NULL , MaxLevel VARCHAR (255) NULL ) Line 0 Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
                        2/4/2015 11:22:06 AM ~!~mcsXap~!~ExecuteCommand CREATE TABLE xAPBSC_SEND ([ID] IDENTITY(1,1), Source VARCHAR (255) NULL , DC VARCHAR (255) NULL , Reject INT NULL , Accept INT NULL , UID VARCHAR (255) NULL , Controllable INT NULL , DetectedDate TEXT NULL , MaxLevel VARCHAR (255) NULL ) Line 0 Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
                        2/4/2015 11:22:06 AM ~!~mcsXap~!~AddtoBSCSendDB Key=ACRF2_Plugin_ACRF2_Device_Monitor_5B_4.mcsXap_______914. ACRF2_Device_Monitor Line 0 Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
                        2/4/2015 11:22:06 AM ~!~mcsXap~!~AddtoBSCSendDB Key=Attic_Wall_Switch_Back_Porch_Exhaust_F9.mcsXap_______709 .Light_Switch Line 0 Unable to load DLL 'sqlite3': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Thanks
                        Gary

Comment

mono.data.sqlite.dll or system.data.sqlite.dll provide the glue between .NET and sqlite3.dll. In my case I have the attached and the previously posted in the folder as HS. I think the files comes in the HS3 install. I did the download before HS3, but that was several years ago.

It should not be very hard to clone an Access database into SQLite database, but I have not tried it yet. You will want SQLiteBrowser that enables you to view the contents of a SQLite database. It is freeware.
                          Attached Files

Comment

mono.data.sqlite.dll or system.data.sqlite.dll provide the glue between .NET and sqlite3.dll. In my case I have the attached and the previously posted in the folder as HS. I think the files comes in the HS3 install. I did the download before HS3, but that was several years ago.
                            Thanks Michael, I will give it a try with your SQLite.dll in the HS folder. Per your previous post, I do have the mono.data.sqlite.dll already there. Do BOTH of these modules need to be registered (regsvr32) or will your XAP programs look for them in the HS folder?

Now, after the SQLLite install, I seem to have 3 different copies of the system.data.sqlite.dll. One in my HS folder, one in the C:\Program Files\System.Data.SQLite\2012\bin" folder, and one in my Kaspersky INS folder. Think I

It should not be very hard to clone an Access database into SQLite database, but I have not tried it yet. You will want SQLiteBrowser that enables you to view the contents of a SQLite database. It is freeware.
                            Thanks for the tip on the SQLiteBrowser. Down the road, I will need to address the issue of SQLLite dB pruning maintenance. Access is no problem, but SQLlite is a learning curve for me.

On a positive note, mcsTemperature does seem to be working fine with my Temp08 with no changes (other than path changes).

I will let you know what happens with my next round of testing.

Thanks
                            Gary

Comment

Its not crashing...

The plug-in, xapHub, and 1Wire do start up and I can see messages coming through the xapHub display. However, every minute I get the following error in my HS2 log:

2/5/2015 03:18:58 PM - mcsXap - ActOnMessageForTrigger Section=0, Ubound=0, Trigger=0, TrigUbound=0,Node=mcs.onewire.lian34g Line 410 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Further, when I right click the xapmcs1Wire tray icon and select, xapmcs1Wire it opens a IE browser window stating "This page can't be displayed" for URL http://localhost:8014/stat. Likewise, in the HS2 window, under mcsXAP, when I left click and select "Browser Setup" it opens a window "The webpage cannot be found" for URL http://localhost/xAP AND gives me an error in the HS2 log:
                              2/5/2015 03:25:20 PM - Error - Web Server Error 404, cannot serve file: C:\Homeseer_HS2Pro\html/xAP

I believe I copied all the extracted files over from your downloads and into the directory structure you recommended. However, I could have overlooked something or missed something. I have a screen shot below, let me know if you see something out of whack. In the various txt files the following messages appear:

C:\Homeseer_HS2Pro\XAP\xapmcsHub\Data\xapmcsHub5992.txt
                              2/5/2015 11:38:41 AM | xapmcsHub Hub Startup 5992 at Line 0
                              2/5/2015 11:38:41 AM | Backup Hub Process 5992 Starting as Primary Hub on port 3639 192.168.1.83 at Line 0

C:\Homeseer_HS2Pro\XAP\xapmcs1Wire\Data\xapmcs1Wire_5.txt
                              False 2/5/2015 11:38:59 AM | 2/5/2015 11:38:59 AM | xapmcs1Wire HTTP Server New Line 0 Access is denied Line 0 Access is denied
                              False 2/5/2015 11:38:59 AM | 2/5/2015 11:38:59 AM | xapmcs1Wire Using xAP port 50816

C:\Homeseer_HS2Pro\data\mcsXap_EventTrace.txt
                              2/5/2015 02:05:02 PM 0 | mcsXap Start Event Trace
                              2/5/2015 02:07:46 PM 164189 | mcsXap Start Event Trace

C:\Homeseer_HS2Pro\XAP\xapmcsHub\Data\xapmcsHub5136.txt
                              2/5/2015 01:30:50 PM | xapmcsHub Hub Startup 5136 at Line 0
                              2/5/2015 01:30:50 PM | Backup Hub Process 5136 Starting as Primary Hub on port 3639 192.168.1.83 at Line 0

C:\Homeseer_HS2Pro\XAP\xapmcs1Wire\Data\xapmcs1Wire_5_1.txt
                              False 2/5/2015 01:31:15 PM | 2/5/2015 01:31:15 PM | xapmcs1Wire HTTP Server New Line 0 Access is denied Line 0 Access is denied
                              False 2/5/2015 01:31:15 PM | 2/5/2015 01:31:15 PM | xapmcs1Wire Using xAP port 61041

C:\Homeseer_HS2Pro\XAP\xapmcs1Wire\Data\xapmcs1Wire_5_2.txt
                              False 2/5/2015 01:47:17 PM | 2/5/2015 01:47:17 PM | xapmcs1Wire HTTP Server New Line 0 Access is denied Line 0 Access is denied
                              False 2/5/2015 01:47:17 PM | 2/5/2015 01:47:17 PM | xapmcs1Wire Using xAP port 58564

This of course prevents me from getting into the config page and setting up the 1Wire devices for update. Let me know what to try next please.

ADDENDUM (4:58 PM CST):
                              I was updating some events for my RCS Thermostat and noticed these errors multiple times (at least 5 or 6 repeats) each time I saved the event:
                              2/5/2015 04:54:43 PM - mcsXap - AddSortedList Line 0 Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Directory Structure:
                              Last edited by Kbevo; February 12, 2015, 01:12 PM. Reason: Delete Image Link

Comment

First thing to recognize is that the xAP applications are independent from HS. The Hub and 1Wire will run with or without HS. The HS log reflects information related to the HS mcsXap plugin. During a plugin startup it goes through an initialization sequence and the results are reported back to HS and if any issues then you should see it in HS log. This will be shortly after the plugin is enabled or HS starts. The message in red about line 410 would seem to indicate that the pugin initialization did not complete so objects that should have been created were not created. Look early in the HS log to see what feedback exists about the startup of mcsXap plugin. The same lack of completing startup will not allow you to access browser pages within mcsXap.

The information below indicates that xapmcs1wire was not able to establish a server to handle browser requests. Access denied is usually a privledge. Under windows versions after XP anytime you want to access machine resources your need to "run as administrator". If you just start it as a normal user then you do not have these privledges. Right-click on xapmcs1wire.exe and select "run as administrator"
                                C:\Homeseer_HS2Pro\XAP\xapmcs1Wire\Data\xapmcs1Wire_5_2.txt
                                False 2/5/2015 01:47:17 PM | 2/5/2015 01:47:17 PM | xapmcs1Wire HTTP Server New Line 0 Access is denied Line 0 Access is denied

Comment

Working...
                                X