This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little confused

OK...I'm new to IR control... I've got my Ocelot plugged in my homeseer computer on com 1 and I'm talking to it However, there are two plugins available in the updater and I dont apear to be able to use them both at the same time.(which one should I use?) The applied digital Ocelot pluggin I think I understand however when I click on the learn button the help file says I should see a dialog apear but it never does. the other pluggin ADIOcelot I dont understand and I cant find a help file. I could use alittle help...and please...keep it stupid simple (after all I'm a newbe)
    https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

I have never been able to use HS to learn the IR codes. I shut down Homeseer and learn the IR codes using c-max. Then you just have to add the ir devices in Homeseer. I don't use the ADIOcelot plugin, but it is supposed to allow you to disable Homeseer's use of the comm port to allow you to use c-max without shutting down Homeseer.

Hope this helps.

Comment

happnatious1,
      Long time user here and I too use the applied digital Ocelot plug-in. I would recommend removing both and reinstalling the applied digital Ocelot plug-in. I seem to remember some having problems with the other one installed. Then simply select a device and a command and select the L key. This should popup the attached box. After selecting OK you point your remote to the ir window on the Ocelot and give the button a quick down and up. Your PC should confirm with an acknowledge phrase. That's it.
      Attached Files
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

getting better

Your right, I deleted both pluggins, rebooted and reinstalled the applied digital ocelot plugin, rebooted, and I can now learn remote control buttons and actually control the corisponding equipment... cool! However, the ADIOcelot pluggin left a menu Item in my tool bar that doesnt do anything and I can't get rid of it. :-(
        https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/de...plifier-plugin

Comment

Learn IR Signals

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"... select a device and a command and select the L key. This should popup the attached box. After selecting OK you point your remote to the ir window on the Ocelot and give the button a quick down and up. Your PC should confirm with an acknowledge phrase. That's it.
          Attached Images"

Is there any other instructions on how to learn an IR signal? This is not working for me. Maybe there is something that I am not doing correctly. I know the IR signal is going out I can see the Ocelot ack it saw a signal. However if I move my cursor over the button it says " There is no infrared signal learned at this location."

Step #1 - Select the Device
          Step #2 - Click on Learn
          Step #3 - Click on OK
          Step #4 - Aim Remote to Ocelot Receive
          Step #5 - Push Button on Remote

No window comes up to ack that signal was learned and hovering over button says no infrared signal learned at this location. - I always get stumped on the darnest things. BTW I am using the standard plug-in with HomeSeer Gary

Comment

I use the ocelot w/ homeseer to learn the remote commands. be sure to watch the ocelot when you are learning as well...it should have a light that blinks when it learns....i forget which one/color, but I remember that being very helpful. I don't know if I needed to or not, but I clicked "save" on the bottom left of the ir window after learning the remote commands...may help.
            Plugins:
            BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Working...
            X