This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AdiOcelot plugin, "Process X10 from Ocelot" preference

I use the ADIOcelot plugin. On the General / Variable tab is a check box labeled "Process X10 Transmit from Ocelot". I have kept this checked and have events that do things based on Ocelot triggered X10.

Here is the problem I am having. I got an RCS TX15B stat. Got it home, hooked it up to HS to make sure it worked. While it was clearly there, communicating with it was horrible. As a device, it was rare for more than 2 reported items to be other than"??" at any one time. The data was occasionally wrong, eg "set:" was 140 when I know its 72.

I moved the stat to outlets all over the house. I tried the polled version of the script. I modified the non-polled script to give it more tries before giving up, eg 10 times instead of 3 (RCSRetries = ..). All no good. same results.

I turned off "Process X10 from Ocelot" from the ADIOcelot plugin and everything's worked since then. I don't understand why this worked. There were no duplicate commands or screwy messages in the log when it was on. Other non-ocelot commands come right through. The Ocelot and the TX15B should not be interacting outside of homeseer..... There are probably some workarounds for this in CMAX code, but I'm wondering if its something in the plugin itself?

Paul
    Paul

The ocelot provides status information about X10 received and X10 transmitted. The HST version of the plugin does not forward the xmit status to HS. I assumed it was because the thinking was that HS was the one who commanded the xmit, hence does not need this info. There are those who use CMAX as well and send some X10 via CMAX. In this case HS does not know an X10 CMAX transmission happened unless there is some other X10 receiver such as a CM11A that is reporting it when using the original HST plugin.

I do not know what handshake the thermostat uses, but obviously there is a conflict. What is sent/received in a transaction with the thermostat?

Comment

Michael...

Right. I have a few functions, like my attic fan control, that I wrote in CMAX and keep embedded in the Ocelot. If the temp gets too hot up there, I'll assume fire and want to be sure that the fan gets shut down. For the most part its a stand alone function, but the on and off times are variable based on sensor input, and I wanted to track it. One way is with X10, I can also do it with variables.

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
      I do not know what handshake the thermostat uses, but obviously there is a conflict. What is sent/received in a transaction with the thermostat?
      By that I think you mean Ack Message, Command Echo and Safe Command mode; and how do I know the data is good. I will have to dig deeper to answer that. I used the stat scripts supplied with HS (i got the latest updates) by Paul Schumann. He references Autosend mode. I need to look at that script to see what it implemented (or didnt) ..I've read the RCS X10 protocol manual until my eyes burned.....

I wanted to tell you that all of my comments are not a complaint, quite the opposite. I am amazed at the amount and quality of work that goes into the features avaiable in HomeSeer, and the work that you do in particular. It is much appreciated by me. Thank you.

Paul
      Paul

Comment

Working...
      X