This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't get Ocelot variables, Checksum

Ok, I can send/receive x10 through my Ocelot (ADIOcelot 1.7.1) but now that I've added a couple of Bobcats, I can't see the variables. I place the variables in #126 and #127 after doing some calculations, the CMax can see them, the plug-in can't.

I've read some threads about removing the old HS Ocelot, and it's listed in the dropdown but not in the active interfaces. I've removed the ADIOcelot plug-in and re-added it, I've changed the poll variable, etc.

BTW, should the status show the value of the variable?

1/8/2005 9:16:04 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Found CPU-XA/Ocelot
    1/8/2005 9:16:04 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Ocelot IR size: 1024
    1/8/2005 9:16:06 PM~!~ADIOcelot~!~Unit found: SECU16 Addr: 1
    1/8/2005 9:16:08 PM~!~Event Trigger~!~Recurring Trigger (WeatherWarnings)
    1/8/2005 9:16:10 PM~!~Warning~!~Ocelot Plug-in, Checksum error reading io points: 0 50654
    1/8/2005 9:16:19 PM~!~Warning~!~Ocelot Plug-in, Timeout getting Vars
    1/8/2005 9:16:30 PM~!~Warning~!~Ocelot Plug-in, Checksum error reading io points: 0 50654
    1/8/2005 9:16:39 PM~!~Warning~!~Ocelot Plug-in, Timeout getting Vars
    1/8/2005 9:16:52 PM~!~Warning~!~Ocelot Plug-in, Checksum error reading io points: 0 61843
    Any help? Thx

Confirm the last two checkboxes are checked on the page that itemizes the 128 variables of the plugin setup. You have bigger problems, however, with your log. Good communication is lost between the plugin and the ocelot after startup initialization.

The plugin will periodically, based upon your setting, send a request packet. It will expect a response back within a specified time and this response will be a series of bytes with the last one being a simple byte checksum of the others. It looks like all the bytes are not being received in good order.

When you do it going then you will see deviceValues and deviceStatus being managed by the plugin. It does nothing with the deviceString and relies upon HS. I think HS only updates the status for deviceStatus so values other than 0 and 1 are not visible from the HS Status view.

Comment

I've noticed that my sending of x10 commands have been take a lot of time. Especially, the WGL800 RF ones. If I open a door with a RF sensor, it can take up to 10 seconds for it to turn on, if it does. It just took 7 seconds to turn on an appliance module.

BTW, I don't see the ocelot.log file that can be used. I checked the box; however, I never see a file created.

I've got devices $63 & $64 defined from using the variable page and checking 126, 127 points.

Anyideas? The CMax software does not seem to have any problems communicating to the device/bobcats

Comment

It seems to be related to the serial port. If it was totally broken then it would not be able to initiate communications and determine that a SECU16 is connected. It would also not be able to send X10, albeit 7 seconds later. If I was trying to figure it out I would confirm the port is not being used by anything else, confirm that the same port number is identified for the ocelot's X10, IR, and IO, change ports, change cables, change computers, remove everyting from the ocelot's 485 bus.

The ocelot.log file is created in the HS folder and contains some event-related feedback. When it starts a polling cycle it will write to the log. Since you homeseer log contains error related to polling, then this file should contains some info too.

Comment

I'll try add debug tomorrow. Is there any software handshacking I need to worry about, hardware flow, bit count, etc?

I'll removed everything and try from the start.

Thanks

Comment

I do not know if the ocelot uses hardware flow control. Xon/Xoff is not used. The plugin uses the MS Comm control with the following settings hardcoded. This should match the ocelot so no special configuration should be needed at your end.

.MSComm1.Settings = "9600,N,8,1"
            .MSComm1.RThreshold = 1
            .MSComm1.InputLen = 1
            .MSComm1.InputMode = comInputModeBinary

Comment

Working...
            X