This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot and HS

How do you folks get the Ocelot to display the "Off On" status in Homeseer? ALso is there a method to invoke a CMAX based macro from HS? I am using the ADIOcelot plugin and have a simple CMAX program for a macro. The program sets a variable for #1 = 0 or 1 depending on if it is off or on. In HS the device is displayed and teh status shows 1 or 0 ( How do I make this show the correct state On Off).
    What my plan is to move all macros to the Ocelot and have the status displayed in HS - ideally I would like to have HS be able to invoke the same macro buy way of the touchpad interface.

here is the CMAX code I am using to test this theroy out with:
    IF X10 M/14 On command pair
    THEN Transmit Single X10 B/1
    THEN Transmit Single X10 B/2
    THEN Transmit Single X10 B/3
    THEN Transmit Single X10 B/On
    THEN Variable #1 = 1
    IF X10 M/14 Off command pair
    THEN Transmit Single X10 B/1
    THEN Transmit Single X10 B/2
    THEN Transmit Single X10 B/3
    THEN Transmit Single X10 B/Off
    THEN Variable #1 = 0

End

You can make HS change the value of a variable, and make that change be the trigger in CMAX.

So, let's say you want to use variable #0 as a trigger.

You write your CMAX code so that the trigger for a particular "event" is

IF variable #0 becomes NOT = 0

And you write your HS event to change the value of variable #0 to 1

Then all the code after IF variable #0 becomes NOT = 0 should be executed.

It would also be wise for the first line of that code to set variable #0 back to 0

I've considered doing this forever, but keep putting it off.

What's neat, is you could do this and have some "OR"s thrown in and make the same "event" trigger from HomeSeer, in response to HS, in response to a module point, or in respnse to an X10 command (or any combo there of).

As far as getting stuff to dispaly as off, you'll have to use some scripting. In my experience, all ocelot variables display as their value, and all ocelot module points (like in a SECU16) display as on/off. Seach around and there are several scripts available that will let you put custom device status in for multiple devices.
    John
    Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
    Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
    HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
    Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

What Jrfuda works. You can also (using the ADIOcelot plugin), let the X10 messages flow through to homeseer, and declare them as devices. They will display on and off based on PLC activity. You can have an event and/or script that send the X10 signals out from HS too.

The extra coding the Jrfuda mentions ends up being the difference. How much coding do you want to do in the ocelot?

I put critical components like HVAC temperature settings in the Ocelot in CMAX. HS watches and reports. However, I have my HVAC fans cycle 5 minutes every twenty minutes during allergy season. I do not consider that critical, so I have an event issue the x10 for that.

The Ocelot ends up being the X10 controller for both CMAX and HS. Thats ok. It spools up X10 transmits, they wont step on each other.

For your touch pad example, use the model I discribe above, and use a simple HS event to duplicate the X10 sequence. At the same time, have the code in CMAX.

Paul
      Paul

Comment

Paul,

I am using the ADIOcelot plugin. I guess if I use your suggestion and have the event in both HS and CMAX then if HS is down the event will still work and if all is well with HS then it will report the correct status.
        I have a few things in HS defined from the Ocelot and I see 0 or 1 for status, I have to figure out how to make that change to on or off so it makes sense to the wife.

Also with the plugin I should be able to upload my HS devices to the Ocelot System map I believe but so far this has not worked and I have chaecked every box. I guess I am trying to avoid having to re enter everything again.

Thanks,
        Kevin

Comment

Kevin-

In the case of the palmpad example, yes I would duplicate code. Not for back up, but for convenience and not having to juggle more variables with the ocelot. I dont do anything special to get the device status in HS. I just define the x10 device in HS and let it see the x10 signals and up date devices without juggling variables.

If the X10 signal occurs form the PLC, let the ocelot do it. Or, if the palmpad button is pressed and homeseer catches it, let it do it. (I assumed in your orginal note that the X10 would normally come from some device on your powerline, and you also wanted manual trigger with the palmpad)

Otherwise no, I would not duplicate code. I found that I drove myself batty trying to define and pass too many variables back and fourth, especially for the sake of defining an x10 device to show status. Doing it this way, I dont have to do anything special to get the X10 status up in HS, I just define the device and let HS keep track of it.

Paul
          Paul

Comment

Working...
          X