This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice and thoughts please

I purchased an Ocelot second hand a while back. No documentation came with it. I'm considering using a Channel Plus product with digital signal and IR feedback capability to distribute my digital video throughout a new home and to manage my audio components through the IR feedback through the Ocelot (and Homeseer 2). 1st question, there appears to to be two different IR systems a 12v and a 5 v flavor. Anyone know which is compatable with the Ocelot? 2nd question, any issues with interfacing the Ocelot with a audio/video system I should be aware of? Appreciate any advice you wish to offer.

Dennis,
    The doumentation is online at
    http://www.appdig.com/adicon_new/index.htm
    along with a host of usefull information in their message board.
    They do respond to user questions with very helpful advise.

Gardner

Comment

Dennis;

I have the channel plus 5 volt flavor operating my entertainment center.
      The difference between the systems, if I remember correctly, the 5 volt uses IR receivers inline with the coax and the 12 volt uses a separate cat 5 or something system. I simply taped an IR transmitter from the ocelot to one of my 5V channel plus receivers & It works great.

I'm old & learning too!!
      Paul Nordberg

Comment

Thanks Paul. I suspected that might be the case but didn't want to buy some gear then find out I had the wrong "stuff".

Comment

Working...
        X