This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you use USB to connect?

I don't have a spare Serial---can you use USB to connect Ocelot? Or are their other IR's controllers I should consider-I have the Ocelot already....

The Ocelot only has a serial interface. You can use a USB to Serial device such as the Edgeport. They are usually found on eBay. The 4 serial port usually runs around $25-$30. I have 3 of them and they work great. I have never had a problem or a serial device that did not work with them.

Comment

Ocelot on converter

My Ocelot works fine with a serial to USB converter (well, it did - I switched back to serial only because I had extra ports). The only thing I've found that won't work well with a converter on my system is the W800 for X10 via RF. Many others report it works fine, but I had no luck with that.
      Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

Yea....I changed my X10 controller to a USB to free up my serial for the W800....

Comment

I use the W800 on the third serial of an Edgeport 4 without any problems. I also have an Omni Pro on the same Edgeport.

Both worked on first try. I did update the drivers to the latest version first though.

Comment

I have used a USB to serial cable just fine for that.
            Martin Custer

Comment

Working...
            X