This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trouble with IR learning process

I tried to learn the IR codes using Homeseer, didn't seem to work. tried using CMAX, it just makes a bunch of weird words, letters, and stuff, I didn't upload it, cause I was concerned about how I would identify it....could someone provide a step by step process as to how it has worked for them? I have the secu-16ir, ocelot.

any ideas? the TV is a bit older, so there are not any pronto files that I could download, like from remotecentral.com
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

follow up question: I know that HS shows 17 IR zones, one of them is the Ocelot, then sixteen others are from the secu-16. How does the numbering in Homeseer correspond to the zoned numbering on the secu? Ie, is the Ocelot #1, or #17? does secu 1 = hs 2? If I could figure that out, at least I could know I'm on the right zone, and then start trying to learn commands again.
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I am pretty sure that zone 0 of the secu16 (they are numbered 0-15) is zone #1 in HS with the Ocelot zone being that last (17 in HS).

Comment

I'm just having trouble! Now I'm not even sure if I am placing the emmitter in the right spot on the tv. There are only a couple of places I can imagine it would be, but when I cover that area w/ my hand, the remote still works. I have the emitter plugged into port zero on the secu16ir, set as #1 in hs. I learned remote commands, it seemed like it took it. then, I place the emitter on the various areas and I get nothing.

how does one determine where the IR signal is received on the TV? I'm trying to think of a device I could move to my PC area that I know where the IR window is, so I can test, but I'm striking out......maybe the dvd player in the boys room....i'll give it a try.
        Plugins:

Comment

I think i may have had a bad emitter the whole time. It was a dual emitter, when I tried testing a peice of hardware downstairs, I used an emitter that wasn't in wall wired...and everything worked fine! Upon inspection one of the wires on one of the dual emitters was damaged/cut. could this make both emitters not work? anyway, it is working, and man, am i having fun now!!!
          Plugins:

Comment

Working...
          X