This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot com port problem

I had been using my Ocelot with Homeseer without any problems. It was plugged directly into com1.

For a variety of reasons, I recently changed the Ocelot to com5. The CMax control software that comes with the Ocelot has no trouble connecting to it. So I know it's working fine.

However, when I go into Homeseer and change the com port from 1 to 5, it doesn't work. I save the setting and exit homeseer. I check the settings.ini file in my hs2 config directory, and it correctly says comport=5 under the [hspi_ocelot] section. However, when I restart homeseer, i see this message in the log: "Initializing Ocelot on COM port 1" and of course since it's not on com1, the next line in the log is "Error, Ocelot Plug-in, Timeout looking for CPU-XA/Ocelot". Why is it looking on com1 when the settings.ini file is set to com5? Is there another place where this setting exists that I need to fix? Thanks

Are you running the latest version of the Ocelot plugin? What version of HS are you running? Did you try rebooting the PC?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

My setup

I'm running 2.2.2433.35446 of the plug in and I'm on HS 2.2.0.3. I have tried rebooting several times. When I re-assigned the Ocelot to com port 1, it works fine again. But I can't get it to work on com5.

Comment

Com5 works, but another problem!

Rupp, I figured it out. There are actually two places in HS2 to set the com port of the Ocelot. The first one, which somehow I overlooked, is on the SETUP->INTERFACES menu just to the right of the disabed/enabled buttons. The second one is on the CONFIG screen of the Ocelot. I had set the second one to com5, but overlooked the first one entirely, so it was still set to com1. When I just switched the first one to com5, everything works fine. It's odd to have the setting in two places, though!

However, I came across another issue. My system has a USB-UIRT in it to RECEIVE IR commands. I also have an SECU16-IR connected to my Ocelot which I want to use to SEND IR commands. However, HS2 refuses to let me have both the USB-UIRT and the Ocelot enabled as IR devices. How do I get around this problem?

Thanks

Comment

You can have multiple IR interfaces when using mcsXap plugin. xAP extends Homeseer into a distributed paradymn. More setup is involved and more flexibility is achieved.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            You can have multiple IR interfaces when using mcsXap plugin. xAP extends Homeseer into a distributed paradymn. More setup is involved and more flexibility is achieved.
            Thanks. I guess it's time to switch plug-ins!

Comment

Woops, where do I find that plugin?

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
              Woops, I read your posting too quickly. I thought you were just referring to the Mcs version of the Ocelot plug-in. So, I installed that but found the same problem -- either the USBUIRT or the Mcs-Ocelot plug-in can be enabled for IR, but not both. What is the mcsXap plug-in, and where do I find it. It doesn't seem to be listed in the Updater. Thanks

Comment

xAP

Michael, nevermind the post above. I read up on xAP. It seems quite powerful. I have moved down the path of getting it up and running with HomeSeer. However, I'm having trouble getting it to find my Ocelot. So I posted in the appropriate forum hoping you might be able to help: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...362#post767362

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                X