Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to use previously learned Ocelot infrared codes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use previously learned Ocelot infrared codes?

I've searched high and low... but can't find any documentation on how to do this.

I've got the latest beta plugin running and everything is A-OK.

I used CMAX and IRMAX to learn and download all my AV component codes to the Ocelot and checked that they worked through the CMAX software.

So.... now what??

I want to be able to have the Ocelot send out IR signals based upon X-10 triggering events.... but I can't figure out how to get started.

Must I use the PlayIR command within a script to send IR commands?

I went to the Config section under Infrared for the Ocelot plugin, selected the Ocelot, and pressed Create Devices. It made 128 variables.... but I'm not sure if these are my IR commands (I have IR #'s 1-15 programmed in CMAX).

Any guidance or pointing to docs would be GREATLY appreciated.

TIA!

Paul

When you set up your event you select Send Infrared command in the Actions drop down list.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Hey Rupp,

Sorry to be so thick on this... but I'm a bit confused.

Do I have to first set up these devices in the IR Signals sections??

For example, in CMAX, IR #1 sends a discrete OFF to my Onkyo receiver.

Do I first go to IR Signals and create a device with Signal = 1 from the pulldown menu and leave zone as default?

Do I *then* go to the Event creation and select this device?

Thanks for any help on this one....

Paul

Comment

You should have an IR Signals button on your web interface. If you do not you need to add one using Setup > Web Site and slide to the bottom of the page and select the option. Then when you click on this button all of your IR locations show up. You can then edit the field names to match your personal choice of name for that signal. The "normal" scenario is to open this page up, key in a value and then learn the signal....
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
          You should have an IR Signals button on your web interface. If you do not you need to add one using Setup > Web Site and slide to the bottom of the page and select the option. Then when you click on this button all of your IR locations show up. You can then edit the field names to match your personal choice of name for that signal. The "normal" scenario is to open this page up, key in a value and then learn the signal....
          Hmmmm.... I did open up the Ir Signals page.... but when I do... there are no devices listed.

Should it be auto-populating by pulling my pre-learned IR commands from the Ocelot?

When using the IRMax software, I entered in the HEX version for all of my IR Commands thus I have no need to learn them via the "normal" way from within HS.

Is it possible to use pre-learned commands already programmed into the Ocelot?

Thanks again Rupp,

Paul

Comment

Ok... I think I stumbled upon the solution.

For future Ocelot plug-in users, I thought I would make some notes here so you don't spend the time I did trying to figure this out (although most are smarter than me... )

If you, like me, have taught your Ocelot IR commands through Applied Digital's software instead of Homeseer:

Go to the IR Signals page and create a Device Name (Sony TV), device function (OFF) and under Signal Location, enter the IR # that corresponds to the slot programmed into your Ocelot from the CMAX/IRMax software. I have ZONE set as DEFAULT (I figure this is because I don't have a SEC-16 module attached and thus only one IR "zone".

Note - The little "light" next to your Device Name will always stay "unlit" because you did not learn it through HS.

Anyways... so far, so good. I'm off to test.

Paul

Comment

Working...
            X