This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS not Reconizing the SECU

I just had to refomat my hard drive and I am rebuilding my HomeSeer now. All seems good but my old Secu16 and Secu16I devices do not seem to be recognized. HOw can I make them functional.

I have a backup of the original HS directory.

Rob

Originally posted by RobM View Post
    I just had to refomat my hard drive and I am rebuilding my HomeSeer now. All seems good but my old Secu16 and Secu16I devices do not seem to be recognized. HOw can I make them functional.

I have a backup of the original HS directory.

Rob
    By way of troubleshooting.... have you tried loading AppDigital's CMax program just to see if *it* sees the Secu16's?

Comment

I did

Yes I checked that and the ocelot is running fine. HomeSeer can see the variables.

Rob

Comment

Have you gone into the Ocelot config settings and created the devices?

Comment

No, I don't want to recreate all the devices. I have far to many scripts and events that use those devices. If I deleter and recreate them then I am toast.

Is there not some config file that I can use from my previous installation that I can just copy in? Where is the information written?

Rob

Comment

I recently added a second SECU16I to my setup and was able to easily create the devices for its I/O in HS without affecting the existing devices in HS for existing modules hanging off the Ocelot. Best advice tho for any changes ... Do one at a time, make absolutely sure to do a backup before any change, and get some time on the machine to verify reliable uptime before the next change.

Comment

Robm,

did you ever solve this? Sounds like my current problem.

Comment

Working...
              X