This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS can't interact w/ocelot, cmax can

all of a sudden HS has lost the ability to interact w/ my ocelot. i have a secu-16, secu16ir, and rly8xa. when i load cmax it connects fine. close cmax, load hs, it thinks everything is fine, but none of my modules respond. the only thing i changed in hs recently was to add the waf net caller id script plugin and the vehicle mileage tracker plugin script. any clues?
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

in case it matters, i'm running the .net beta of the plugin
    Plugins:
    BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Probably too lame to even mention but is there a COM port conflict with the recently added plugin?
      Don

Comment

only one of them (waf netcallerid) uses a com, and it is set up on port 8, nothing shows up in the log as being a problem w/ either plugin. I installed the newest version of cmax, it wanted to load something onto the controller, and now I think i will need to readdress the modules, not sure yet.
        Plugins:

Comment

Are you sure? How does HS communicate with the Ocelot?

Originally posted by completelyhis View Post
          only one of them (waf netcallerid) uses a com, and it is set up on port 8, nothing shows up in the log as being a problem w/ either plugin. I installed the newest version of cmax, it wanted to load something onto the controller, and now I think i will need to readdress the modules, not sure yet.
          Don

Comment

Hs connects to the Ocelot via com3. the plugin i added recently connects to the netcallerid box via com8. i've not noticed anything in the startup logs regarding either plugin not being able to connect to the devices. when i close hs and start cmax and connect via com3 to the ocelot. after updating the software on the cmax, it doesn't recognize the modules when i connect to it. i can only assume that because both cmax and HS communicate w/ the modules via the ocelot, i'll have to readdress them. i'm still waiting to hear from Guy at the ap digital forum, though, to confirm that.
            Plugins:

Comment

OK I understand. I went through a similar experience trying to get Ocelot to see my new modules, but finally got through it.
              Don

Comment

yeah...they're good fun, when they work!! Guy just said that i shouldn't have to readress them, just power cycle the ocelot. we'll see how that goes
                Plugins:

Comment

Working...
                X