Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocelot setup issue

Hello Everyone,
    I just purchased an Ocelot for my installation at a customer house and I generally have it working. I feel that my question here is basic and it's no more than me missing a check box or radio button somewhere, but I'm stumped. When I go to the Setup page, and click on Config under the "IR" section of the Ocelot, it brings up a new window. Inside that window I click on "Create Devices", and it comes up with the following message "To use variables and IO inputs/outputs, make sure the Ocelot is a device selected under the Home Seer options". I have no idea what it is talking about, i've spent 15 minutes looking in every nook and cranny on the HS2 page(s) and cannot find anywhere to add it to the Devices. I looked under the devices tab, but there is no option for an Ocelot in the drop down box. Just need a point in the right direction here, kind of stumped. Thanks a bunch guys!!

If you are going to use the Ocelot for IR only you do not need to create these devices. These devices are for non IR funtions. To use the IR services of the Ocelot you need to use the IR Signals page of the HomeSeer web interface.
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks Rupp, I have my setup working by stumbling through the options and menus. I had an issue where the 4 lights would go off for about a minute then come back on, after a they were turned off manually. I had the customer shut down the Home Seer computer as I'm not exactly sure what the issue is and have not been back on site yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Unison View Post
        Thanks Rupp, I have my setup working by stumbling through the options and menus. I had an issue where the 4 lights would go off for about a minute then come back on, after a they were turned off manually. I had the customer shut down the Home Seer computer as I'm not exactly sure what the issue is and have not been back on site yet.
        Are you using the Oelot for X10 control or IR or both?
        -Rupp
        sigpic

Comment

I am using the Ocelot for solely IR. Here is something interesting, on the "status" page of the HS2 interface, I have 128 (0-127) devices (I guess that's what they're called) listed for the Ocelot. They read "
          0 | Ocelot | Variable 2 | ]3 | Interface Variable | Never Set" across the columns, I have inserted the vertical pipe to show the columns. The "variable 2" is where it counts up to 127, I have no idea what this is or why it is there. I don't remember setting anything up for 128 devices, so yet again, i'm stumped. I would like to go through and simply delete each one, however 1. I don't want to break something that may be important 2. There must be a simpler way then manually deleting 128 devices. Any thoughts on this? I may not be clear on this, so feel free to ask for clarification. Thanks again, I appreciate your help.
          Josh

Edit
          I am also having lighting issues, such as the ligts turning themselves back on after being off for a minute or two. It does this whether they are turned off via the touch pads or HS2. Do you think this is an issue concerning the ocelot?
          Last edited by Unison; September 26th, 2007, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I think I have the rest ironed out, but I'm still having these lighting issues. They won't stay turned off. Sometimes its a few seconds after I switch them off and other times it's 30 minutes later. I've been trying to isolate the issue, and I've got it narrowed down to the Ocelot itself or the HS2 computer. I think it would be the Ocelot because I can see the X-10/IR LED light up right before the lights come back on. That would lead me to believe that it's somehow getting the correct IR signal to turn the lights on, but that's impossible. Any ideas???

Comment

This sound like you have X10 noise on your powerlines and this is turning on your lights.
              -Rupp
              sigpic

Comment

try changing the x10 code of a device to make sure you dont have it configured with cmax.
                Stuart

Comment

I forgot to mention above that the lights are Zwave, ZRW103's to be precise. There were no lighting issues until I put the Ocelot in, leading me to believe that perhaps there is a setting I have not configured properly or something else I am missing.
                  Last edited by Unison; September 27th, 2007, 11:58 AM.

Comment

I have unplugged everything from the Ocelot as well as un install the CMAX software and it STILL turns the lights on. I see the X-10/IR window flash as if it received a signal, then the lights come on. HS log shows
                    "10/2/2007 12:13:37 PM - Info - Event Trigger "New Lights On" " followed by
                    "10/2/2007 12:13:37 PM - Info - Device: Z-Wave Interface Theater Lights (Q1+2+3+4) ON "
                    It would seem that the ocelot is "receiving" a phantom signal from somewhere and that signal just happens to math the IR signal required to turn the lights on. Any ideas or thoughts??? This is the last part of this project I need to wrap up, then we'll be finished. Need help!

Comment

Make sure that you are not using the first IR code to control anything.

If the Ocelot can not match the received IR signal to any of the learned IR signals in memory the signal is processed as it matched the IR number 0.

So, if you have a program that does something like
                      IF Received IR #0
                      THEN X10 A1/On

A1 will be switched on upon receiving phantom IR signals / IR noise. The solution is to start with IR #1 instead of #0

Comment

Tozz, you are probably right. I know for a fact that "on" is set for IR number '0'. Now I will set it to '2' and see if it works. Thanks for your input, I bet my bottom dollar that this is the problem. And not a second too shy, today is the day when we are officially finished with the project. Thanks!!

Comment

I just tried this, and it stopped the lights from turning on at all. When I re-learn the IR signals, it won't do anything with them. The lights light up on the ocelot, however nothing happens. I can run the event from HS directly and it works fine. When I change the signal location back to '0' from '2' or '3', it works. I am now totall clueless as to what is going on here. This should be working perfectly and it's not. Thanks for your help, it's MUCH appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X