X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot secu 16i not working

Hi everyone-
    <O</O
    I am trying to get my Ocelot to work with HS. It has been connected for several years and for the most part, it has only issued X-10 commands. I now have the Ocelot connected you my HVAC system by several relays and a SECU 16i. Using Cmax, I can see that the relays are opening and closing, and the variable are recording the number of minutes that the relays are in the on state.
    <O</O
    My problem is that HS is not updating any information from the Ocelot. All the SECU 16i inputs are listed, they are being used as digital, and the status is displayed as UNKNOWN. There are several variables that have data in them, but they have not changed.
    <O</O
    I am sure that there is something small that I have not done correctly, but I can not figure it out.
    <O</O
    The Poll interval is set at 2000
    and the only radio box that is checked is Poll variable for changes<O</O
    I read in another post to change Variable 4 in Cmax to 1 from 0. I did this and there has not been any changes.
    <O</O
    Any ideas where to look next?
    <O</O
    I did make sure that Cmax is closed before I start HS
    <O</O
    <O</O
    Thanks
    <O</O
    Steve
    <O</O

Which Ocelot plug-in are you using?
    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
    My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim- I have both plug-ins installed, but the one that I am trying to get to work is the Ocelot plug-in from HS, not the ADIOceot.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

The reason I ask is because I use the ADIOcelot plug-in and I have it working with Ocelot, SECU-16, SECU-16I, and SECU16-IR. This plug-in is a little different that the HomeSeer one.
        Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
        My Hardware & Software

Comment

Jim--

I tried the ADIOplug-in first, but I could not get the configuration page to display to set up the correct variables and the inputs from the SECU 16I.

I will try it again, and let you know what happens.

Steve

Comment

Jim-

I deleted all of the inputs and variables that both plug-ins created, restarted HS and tried the ADIOcelot again. I tried that on my laptop, not the computer that runs HS.

I logged into the HS computer, and that is when I found the tab for the configuration (oops). I did not know that I had to work on that computer.

Anyway, I created all the variables, and the inputs from the SECU16I.

The variables are working fine and they are also updating correctly. The problem is the inputs. They are not turning on and off in HS.

So I think I may have created them wrong, so I am going to delete them, and try the secu 16I again.

I will let you know how it goes.

Steve

Comment

Just a simple thought, do you have the secu16I inputs set as analog inputs ?

Analog values will not be updated in HS2.

If the Secu16I is setup as supervised inputs with the 1k resistor then the inputs will show up in HS2 as ON and OFF.

StevenE
              Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

Stevene- good guess but still no good

That is something that I did not check, but they are set correctly.

I deleted the secu16i a third time, and reinstalled it. It is still not responding.

Do you know why HS is showing the input range from 1-16 and the Ocelot is labled 0-15. Could this have something to do with it?

Thanks

Steve

Comment

all secu devices are numbered 0-x on the ocelot, but HS numbers them 1-xx, so just do the math, so to speak. I have a secu16 and secu 16IR, and they are both that way.

I assume that you are adding the devices using the plugin, which means the plugin sees the secu16, but that the device status isn't updating in HS. Is that correct?

reading the history of this thread, it sounds like you've tried both plugins. which one are you currently using? Have you made sure that the one you're not using is disabled on ALL different interfaces (x10, IR, Other)? Does your log show anything when the status of that input changes?
                  Plugins:
                  BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I don't know how much help I can be because mine just worked from the get go. I use the System Map in CMAX and have the inputs named. I configured the ADIOcelot plug-in to use those inputs and the plug-in created the HS devices and named them using the same name as the CMAX System Map.

I have three magnetic reed switches used as door sensors that are connecting to SECU-16 supervised inputs using 1k resistor.

I also have a garage door resistor circuit that allows one analog input to monitor whether garage door is open/ajar/closed or if there is a wiring problem. The analog value is proportional to the resistance. I have CMAX code that stores the analog value in a variable and I configured the ADIOcelot plug-in to monitor that variable. HS2 does see the analog value using this method.

BTW, with a SECU-16 and SECU-16I, I have 36 inputs and I have only been using 5 for several years now! I need to get moving or see if someone is interested in one of the modules.
                    Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                    My Hardware & Software

Comment

completelyhis-- Thanks for the info. I did not know that the plug-in could not count I completely removed all of the variables and inputs for both plug-ins and restarted HS before I tried again. It still shows that the inputs are in an "Unknown " state and were updated "never"

I think this is odd since the variables are working as expected.

Jim-

I am going to try to name the inputs the same in Cmax and see if that helps.

I will let you both know what happens

thanks for the help

Steve

Comment

Two things I can think to check,
                        1. You have enabled the plugin for "Other" in addition to "X10" on the setup page

2. From the plugin setup page enable "log comms to ocelot.log" (or something like that). Let this run for a minute or two then disable again since the file grows rather quickly. You can then check that the plugin is polling the secu16 for I/O and getting a response.

jim

Comment

Secu 16

Hi,

I also use the ADIOcelot plug-in and I have it working with Ocelot, 4 x SECU-16, 2x SECU-16I, and 1x SECU16-IR and 5Temperature bobcat's and 1 humidity bobcat. Everithing works fine sine 3or 4 years

Comment

Steve

Have you tried a manual input change ?
                            On 1 of the inputs place a 1k resistor from the input to common. This should show up in HS as OFF, and if you shorted the input to common this should show up as ON in HS.

The only other thing that comes to mind is, have you checked the appdig site and verified all your ocelot system variables and secu16i variables are at the default settings ?

StevenE
                            Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

and the winner is ...........

jsteed with the OTHER button!

I was able to get some of the inputs to work, so tomorrow I will do some more testing.

It looks like I am on the right track now!!

Thanks for all the help and suggestions

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X