This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot Questions

I've been told that the ADI Ocelot is the solution I need to implement whole house IR (in conjunction with some retransmitters, etc.) and am looking into the purchase. It seems to me however that the Ocelot is a multifunction device. I've searched the board but can find only snippets of information.
    Can someone, or everyone, enlighten me regarding the functionality, options, etc. of the Ocelot. Ie. What else will it do for me? Thanks.
    Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

The best place for this information is here:
    http://www.iautomate.com/ocelot.html

I just got finished learning some new commands in my Ocelot (for my new plasma TV) for the first time in years. It works perfectly controlling my TV's, Blinds, one window air conditioning unit as well as my whole house audio receiver. I use the powermids for wireless IR distribution. If you have cat5 through out your house the Global Cache is a nice IR system as well.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'll be using powermids as well.
      Do I understand that there is also digital I/O and X10 to boot? An AP800 and a pile of PZM mics are sitting in my office for whole house audio. A future project.
      Are there options I need to keep in mind when ordering?

Comment

OK. Having read the doc you suggested, I understand I need the following to accomplish what I want:
        1. The ADI Ocelot.
        2. SECU16 8in/8out for control of the AP800 previously mentioned.
        3. SECU16IR for IR I/O.
        Looks to me as well that a number of these modules could be added to the RS485 port as needed?
        4. TW-523 for X10 replacing the CM11 I currently use.

Correct? Now, which of the plugins would suit best?
        I'm fetching my credit card right now!

Comment

Yes the Ocelot can send and receive X10 if you have the device (I can't remember the device number) that translates plugged into the wall. There are also add on IR and IO hardware devices as well. I've only used just the ocelot but if you want to zone your IR I believe you would need the IR add on.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks for the clarification, Rupp. I won't need the IR module afterall since all IR will be controlled from one location.

Comment

Working...
            X