This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot IR Set-up

I now have an Ocelot (with Xantech Blaster on order) and USB-UIRT neither of which are installed yet. The HS computer and A/V equipment are in the "entertainment" room, so no need for sending IR signals via RF or CAT5.

Any-who now that I've 'invested' in these devices, what is the easiest way to teach them Ir-codes and use them? I have a Samsung TV that uses a menu system to move from input to input. The keys are menu>source>scroll up or down to select input. There are more inputs shown than I use, i.e. I don't have the computer hooked up. I tried the Harmony 1000, which was a great concept, but had trouble setting the TV correctly.

My "want" is to push one button on my touchscreen monitor and have the DVD, A/V Receiver, and TV come on ready to play a movie and dim the lights, then reverse the procedure when done. By reverse, I want the TV and AVR to go back to cable to watch TV.

I've seen some posts on Promixis' Girder, but I'm not sure how well it interfaces with HS and Maestro.

I'm not much of a programmer, so your ideas, suggestions, help, is much appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm not sure why you have both the Ocelot and the USB-UIRT as these do the same thing with IR but either way the way I would do it is to learn the codes you need in HomeSeer using the IR Signals page. Then simply setup and event that sends the codes you need to accomplish the button pushes. Then trigger this event with the button you previously mentioned.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'm not sure, but someone told me the USB-UIRT support was not good after I ordered it, so I went with the Ocelot, which everyone seemed to think was the best route.

Thanks for the advice. I will work on it this weekend and let you know how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by vegascat View Post
        I'm not sure, but someone told me the USB-UIRT support was not good after I ordered it, so I went with the Ocelot, which everyone seemed to think was the best route.

Thanks for the advice. I will work on it this weekend and let you know how it goes.
        Ok. Keep us updated on your progress.

Comment

Well, I do have an Ocelot and am trying to set up my A/V remote codes. The Ocelot is set up on COM5 as an IR interface I go to the HS IR Signals page, press learn for a remote key, following the instructions.. press the remote key. The Ocelot responds with a red light as it should but HS doesn't seem to learn anything. Any thoughts? For the record, I had the same problem with the 1623-IR and HST told me it was because HS wouldn't work with the 1623, suggesting I buy an Ocelot.
          Real courage is not securing your Wi-Fi network.

Comment

I use an Ocelot w/ secu16ir. i forget the exact process, but i do seem to remember that I felt a need to click save on the bottom left of the hs IR screen, after learning the code.

other than that, it sounds like the ocelot is learning (or thinks it is learning) the code, so i'd try confirming that your ir emitters are connected properly to the ocelot and the device being controlled, and then i'd check to see if the ocelot is able to send IR commands w/out HS...just to try to narrow down the problem.
            Plugins:
            BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I'm sure the Ocelot isn't the issue. I had the seme problem with the 1623IR under HS2. The 1623 worked flawlessly under HS17 and I'd still be using it had it not been suggested by HST that it needed to be replaced with the Ocelot for use with HS2.
              The Ocelot and indeed the 1623 as well do learn the keys but for some reason HS doesn't recognize the fact. I've also noticed that if I attempt to play an unlearned key through HS to the Ocelot, it does send something. Go figure.
              So far, I've had no more response from the help desk on this.

Comment

It was very long time I did it, but I remember searching this and ADICON boards. Threre used to be many threads with this topic.
                Marty

Comment

I'm just interested. Does anyone at all, using an Ocelot, have the LEARNED incicators working?

This is the response I received from the Help Desk.
                  The Ocelot stores the IR commands in its own memory. There is no way for HomeSeer to know which commands are learned or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Wadenut View Post
                    I'm just interested. Does anyone at all, using an Ocelot, have the LEARNED incicators working?
                    Mine do not work. Heck I thought they were eye candy until I moused over them. I just name only the fields I've learned and this is how I keep up with them.

Comment

ditto
                      Plugins:
                      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

I've spent a lot of time trying to get these indicators to work, it seems needlessly. The equivalent indicators did work under HS17.
                        The question remains then, just why are they there at all?

Comment

Richard Helmke at HST has told me it might be possible to have HS know which codes have been learned by the Ocelot but since the plugin hasn't been worked on in a couple of years they're not really inclined to do so. Looks like it might be up to users to leverage some priority into this. Hint.. hint.

Comment

IR Codes/Learning

As I recall, HomeSeer support recommended the Ocelot over the USB-UIRT, because support was lacking for the USB-UIRT plug-in. So now I have both and can't get either to work.

Is there anything that will get either one of these things to work by learning the codes? I don't particularly care to type in codes from some web site for five or six remotes.

I guess I was expecting too much and should have saved my money and stuck with lighting control.

Comment

VC,
                              What was said earlier was in reference to the display on the IR screen of HS changing from "learn" to "learned," i believe. It has nothing to do with the actual functionality (could be wrong). My Ocelot works 100% for IR learning and HS integration. I'd be happy to help you work that out. You need to use your original remote to teach HS/Ocelot the IR commands, then setup events to execute those commands. Are you doing zoned IR, or just for that one location? PM me if you would like to talk more 1 on 1 about it, i'd be glad to help.
                              Plugins:

Comment

Working...
                              X