IR for Philips DVP in Ocelot - got to be easier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IR for Philips DVP in Ocelot - got to be easier

I'm using my Ocelot to attempt to control my Philips DVP3140 DVD player and have gotten to the pulling-my-hair-out stage. I am using the Ocelot plug-in that loads all the variables (hspi_ocelot.exe) and normally I just learn all the commands from the existing remote which works great. I've found with my DVD player the learned commands hardly ever work even though they are being sent. I've researched and found there are issues with Philips device codes being "different" so I've downloaded ccf files, CMAX, IR-MAX and GenIRDB but these seem way to complicated to be of much use to me . I just want to find the code to turn the player on and off (and maybe eject, but let's not be greedy) and load it to Ocelot so that it will execute reliably. Isn't there a file or something out there you can just say put this code in position #99 instead of the learned command? I've browsed a few documents about hexadecimal codes being converted and such, but it seems there must be an easier way.

I've got to dig up an old project I've been working on, that does what you are saying.

It would build the lir files the put into the ocelot, and it also built the homeseer files to tell the ocelot what codes you were putting into it.

There is one program out there that does something like this but it doesn't build the homeseer files, and it's tricky to use, especially if the CCF codes don't have the built in repeat, and the device needs the repeat.

The thing about the app that I wrote, is that it's not complete, and still pretty beta. I'd really like to find someone who wants to help with this project who knows VB.net and would like to help out with a few details.

The latest feature I added to it before I got sidetracked, is that it can dynamically pull codes listed on remotecentral.com and let you go through different devices, and add them to your file.

Let me know if this sounds like what you're looking for, and if anyone wants to help I'll send you the source code.
    Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Thanks for the response, that does sounds like what I'm after but I'm not too swift with .NET. I know just enough to be dangerous. If you wanna share I'll try it out, though. I guess I could also use some of the formulas I've seen for converting from one IR protocol to the one I need, but it seems like there's a serious learning curve in doing it that way. Plus I'd have to know the code to begin with and I can't seem to find it. Anyhow, let me know if you think it's something I could use based on my limited .NET capabilities.

Comment

good news, I found the source code, and it compiled okay and seems to still work. There are still a few bugs, but I think I can tell you what not to click on.

I don't have time tonight to zip up a compiled version. Expect something by the weekend.

Joe
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

Here is the application I was talking about... The documentation sucks because I threw it together way too fast.

I'm really looking for someone to work with on this application, I don't have the time to really maintain and support this more than a few times a year. I'd love it if some top level coder wanted to jump in and help me make this a more complete application.
          Attached Files
          Joe (zimmer62)

Comment

Working...
          X