This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot IR Receiving and using IR/Match

I've set up an event based on the IR/Match trigger for turning on a TV with the action to turn off a light. I point the remote at the IR window on the Ocelot and press the button for turning on the TV and Ocelot X-10/IR red LED lights up so I'm assuming it is receiving the signal, but Homeseer does nothing. The log doesn't say anything happened. Is there something special I need to do so Homeseer "sees" the IR commands? I'm using the Applied Digital Ocelot plugin by the way. This is just a test, naturally. Eventually I'd like to set up some powermids for input, but if Homeseer can't recognize the signals then this won't work.

Thanks,

Did you teach the Ocelot the commands from the TV remote first? I assume you did or you wouldn't have been able to select the IR signal to match to in the event.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Yes, I taught the command using the learning function and Homeseer sends it reliably in other events...just doesn't recognize it received in the Ocelot.

Comment

This IR matching is hard to get working and is truly a black art. One thing to check is to make sure you have the IR code learned into one of the X positions on the Ocelot that supports learning. X is configurable, and the bigger the number, the less reliable it is, with the default being the first 80 locations.

Comment

hmm. When you say X locations, do you mean the device locations in Homeseer? (the one I'm trying to use says it's location 1) or do you mean the list of variables the plugin generated that I've never figured out what to do with? or is it something else entirely?

Also, I assume from your post what I'm trying to do is possible with a little tinkering then?

Comment

It's possible but I'm not sure it's worth the effort.
            Yes if you have the command in any row in the IR web interface less than the 80th row.

Comment

Working...
            X