This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot to TW523 connection cord

The wire that connectes the Ocelot to the TW523 module, is that a regular phone cord? The one that came with it is 30 feet long and I need it to be shorter.

Dave

I believe it is not. If I recall correctly when I made one it was straight-through wiring while a telco is a crossover.

Comment

No, the ocelot cable is a "straight-thru" cable. If you hold each end of the cable in the same orientation the left-right order of the colors will be reversed from one end to the other. A regular phone cable the colors will be in the same order.
      jim

Comment

Yea, its a special cable. Found this on the Smarthome site.

Essential Info
        To connect your PC or compatible device to a X10 TW523 Interface Module, you will need this connecting cable. This cable is a "crossover" or "reversed" configuration, which is most common when connecting PC devices. This cable is also available in the "straight-through" configuration.

Comment

Im getting ready to use the ocelot for x10 and IR instead of my CM11a. Is there anything I should be worried about? Is it a stronger broadcaster?

Comment

Just a little slower. I also do not think it uses the Extended codes.

Comment

Working...
            X