This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HS2 to Ocelot

There seems to be no instructions for this plug-in, could anyone help?

Do I talk to the Ocelot through a serial com port?

On my computer I have HS2 serial com to a TI103, would I add another serial port to talk to the Ocelot?

What is the X10, infrared and other settings to be enabled?

Just a little confused but it will work itself out.

Randy

I use the other plugin in the updater or here in the forums. When you install it it will put a document in the "Docs" sub directory that has instructions including a section on why use it instead of the one you just installed.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

And yes.. you would need your Ocelot to speak to HS via a serial port. You can use a usb to serial converter if you dont' have an available port.
      James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Thanks James

One thing I have learned using HS2 is, don't add any plugins and it will work fine. I have lost a few bucks on plugins that did not work as claimed or were so tricky that using them was a problem.

I program industrial machinery so I don't expect a one button does all, I do my best to figure things out, but there comes a time when your head hurts from banging it against the wall.

Why would the HS people spend the time to create an Ocelot plugin that does not work well and provide no documentation to use it?

Anyways, I have installed the ADIOcelot plugin and have started reading the doc on how to use and will see what happens.

Randy

Comment

Originally posted by rje View Post
          Thanks James

One thing I have learned using HS2 is, don't add any plugins and it will work fine. I have lost a few bucks on plugins that did not work as claimed or were so tricky that using them was a problem.

I program industrial machinery so I don't expect a one button does all, I do my best to figure things out, but there comes a time when your head hurts from banging it against the wall.

Why would the HS people spend the time to create an Ocelot plugin that does not work well and provide no documentation to use it?

Anyways, I have installed the ADIOcelot plugin and have started reading the doc on how to use and will see what happens.

Randy
          All plugins come with a 30 day trial so there's no reason to not know what you are getting. The HomeSeer plugin should have documentation loaded as well. It's as simple as connecting to a com port and learning some commands for IR control.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X