Ocelot and IR send time question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocelot and IR send time question

I have my Ocelot hooked up next to my computer for testing. I am playing with the IR commands and turning on and off the TV next to my desk. It seems to take anywhere from 2 to 4 seconds for the IR command to be sent from the time I click the send button. I am using the Ocelot interface at this time for testing and not HS. Is this normal? If so I do not see how I can use this to control my home theater equipment with such a lag in time. Turning up the volume a few notches could take 20 seconds not to mention the macros to turn everything on to the correct settings.
    Thanks
    Dan

Just as a comparison, I use the Ocelot to control my equipment. The Ocleot is in my computer closet connected to a Powermid (wireless IR transmitter). I can log onto the HS web interface and click on mute (for ex.) and within a second the TV mutes. So the path here would be Remote PC, over the Internet to who knows where, to HomeSeer that sends command via Ocelot to Powermid to Powermid, lastly to TV. So knowing this it sounds like something isn't working correctly with your set since your coming directly out of the Ocelot. How fast is the PC you are using?
    -Rupp
    sigpic

Comment

OK, I wiped out the Ocelot and started over and the commands are being sent out in about 1 second now using the Ocelot software. The problem I have now is sending the commands out with the HS software. The plug in is installed and I have the infrared enabled and the interface shows OK but I still cannot send signals. I can see all of the IR signals under the IR tab. Any suggestions on what to check?
      Thanks
      Dan

Comment

I had this same issue with the ocelot taking several seconds to send out the commands. I have no idea what caused it, and eventually something I did also caused it to stop sending completely from the HS interface.

I'm no longer using it right now for the IR stuff, I got fed up with it only working only half the time.
        Joe (zimmer62)

BLSecurtiy, AC-RF2, RCS Serial Thermostats, RFXCOM SMarthome SwitchLinc, mcsXap, Global Cache GC100, SqueezeBox, TWA_ONKYOINTEGRA, BLLogMonitor, BLPlugins, BLRadar, BLSpeech, BLZLog.aspx, HSTouch (Windows, iPhone, iPod), USB Mimo touchscreens, VMWare Server, Vortexbox, Windows Home Server, MyMovies, Windows Media Center, X10, ZWave, and much much much more.

Comment

I went ahead and uploaded the third party Ocelot plug in and am now able to send ir commands from HS. I am going to be setting up a touch screen to send these ir signals to the theater room equipment. Hope that it works
          Dan

Comment

Working...
          X