Ocelot/SECU-16 Newbie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocelot/SECU-16 Newbie

Alright, I have an Ocelot and SECU-16. Running Homeseer (version 2.3.0.19) installed the Homeseer Ocelot Plug-in (version 2.1.0.0).

My questions:
    1. In the configure interface box: Units discovered: Unit 0 Ocelot/CPU-XA/Leopard. Should I also see the SECU-16 or is the fact it is hooked to the Ocelot all that matters to Homeseer?

2. From the configure interface box I select "Create Devices"...I now have 128 Ocelot Variables in my device lists...how do I map any of those to the SECU-16?

3. First thing I would like to do is just turn on/off relay #1 (I/O Point 8) based on a Homesser event...I guess if I get my first 2 questions answered I can answer this one.

And yes I can toggle that relay with the C-Max software so I know the hardware setup works.

Thanks in advance...

OK, after playing with the system I understand to program the Ocelot to fluctuate the variables depending on whatever inputs or setting you desire. Again I see that with the C-Max software but Homeseer doesn't...that is I can program the Ocelot to switch a relay based on a Variable changing but when I tell Homeseer to change the variable nothing appears to happen. Homeseer say the variable value has changed but dang if I can even verify that the Ocelot has received it.

Comment

I assume that because you said you can toggle the relay in cmax and you say you got the hardware working...you did this by going into cmax with HS not running and auto addressed the secu16?
      Plugins:
      BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Correct. Hardware is working...verified by cmax. And yes shutdown homeseer in order to run cmax without getting port conflicts.

Comment

I'm afraid I don't know what to tell you in that case.

Anyone else?
          Plugins:
          BLLogMonitor, BLGarbage, BLBackup, BLOutGoingCalls, BLUps, BLRfid, JvEss, DooMotion, Applied Digital Ocelot, AC RF Processor, UltraMon, PJC AVR 430, UPB, Rain8net, DSC Panel, JRiver Media center, Windows Media Player, SageMediaCenter, SnevlCID, MCSTemperature.

Comment

Working...
          X