This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Control 2 Ocelots with Homeseer.

Is it possible to control 2 ocelots with Homeseer.

I want a complete seperate setup from my existing Ocelot but still want to monitor / control with HS.

Thanks
    StevenE
    Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

xapmcsADIOcelot is the generalized multi-unit solution. The other approach that should work is to do ADIOcelot for one and the HST Ocelot plugin for the other.

Comment

Michael Thanks for the reply, I have tried using xap a couple of times but for some reason I seem unable to get it to work.

I read through all the xap stuff, but I just don't see anything updating in HS. I will give it a try again.

Otherwise I already use the ADIOcelot plugin, so I can try the newer .net HS Ocelot plugin if needed.

Thanks
      Steven

Comment

Another thing that could be done is to recompile ADIOcelot with a new interface name and load it as a second plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
          Another thing that could be done is to recompile ADIOcelot with a new interface name and load it as a second plugin.
          Would that be hard to do ?

Thanks StevenE

Comment

This should be the same as the existing ADIOcelot, but the name is ADIOcelot2 and the setting.ini group is hspi_ocelot2. I believe it comes up in default of Interface name "Applied Digital Ocelot" and you will need to make the selection to use the ADIOcelot2 as the Device .Interface property. An HS restart after the inteface name is changed is likely prudent. Obviously do appropriate backups before trying.
            Last edited by Michael McSharry; September 21, 2009, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Thanks Michael,

I will give it a try this weekend.

StevenE

Comment

Michael,

I dropped it in the HS directory and restarted HS and got these errors.

9/21/2009 6:13:46 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: ADIOcelot2, version: 1.14.0.10
                9/21/2009 6:13:46 PM ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_ADIOCELOT2.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object
                9/21/2009 6:13:46 PM ~!~System~!~Registering hspi_ADIocelot2.exe with Windows
                9/21/2009 6:13:48 PM ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_ADIOCELOT2.HSPI ActiveX component can't create object
                9/21/2009 6:13:48 PM ~!~Error~!~Unable to access plugin: hspi_ADIocelot2.exe, try reinstalling plug-in

Ocelot is not hooked up yet, that will be this weekend.

SteveE

Comment

I forgot to change the project name. Try the attached.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I know get this message.

9/21/2009 6:50:17 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: ADIOcelot2, version: 1.14.0.10
                    9/21/2009 6:50:17 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: ADIOcelot2, version: 1.14.0.12
                    9/21/2009 6:50:17 PM ~!~Error~!~Could not add ADIOcelot2 to the plug-in list. Is this a duplicate? Check for two plug-ins with the same plug-in name.
                    9/21/

Comment

The .12 is the correct one. It may be a registry thing. Try a hs restart. You can also trying to temporily remove the original adiocelot then put it back when the new one is recognized

Comment

I don't have time to try this for a couple of weeks but wanted to let you know there is at least one more person interested in the same thing. Thanks for working on this.
                        James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

Just out of curiosity - What is the reason for 2 Ocelots?

Comment

I restarted HS after each step.

If I load hspi_ADIocelot.exe all appears to work well, after i renable in setup.

If I remove the file hspi_ADIocelot.exe and then add hspi_ADIocelot2.exe, 2 seems to initialize and has this error in log.

9/21/2009 7:20:07 PM ~!~Info~!~HS Compatibility, cannot access plug-in HSPI_ADIOCELOT2.HSPI Automation error
                            The system cannot find the file specified.

I went into the ADIocelot2 config, changed the com port and the instance to 2 hit update.

I then added the orig back hspi_ADIocelot.exe

Now ocelot 2 inits but ocelot1 does not and I get this error again.

9/21/2009 7:25:00 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: ADIOcelot2, version: 1.14.0.10
                            9/21/2009 7:25:00 PM ~!~Plug-In~!~Found plug-in: ADIOcelot2, version: 1.14.0.12
                            9/21/2009 7:25:00 PM ~!~Error~!~Could not add ADIOcelot2 to the plug-in list. Is this a duplicate? Check for two plug-ins with the same plug-in name.

And a message ocelot2 cannot communicate with the ocelot ( not hooked up yet )

StevenE

Comment

Originally posted by Czechmarty View Post
                              Just out of curiosity - What is the reason for 2 Ocelots?
                              I have a work shed on my property I would like to control some things in. I want the ocelot to run independent, so nothing I do purposely or other affects the house or vice versa. But I still wanted to be able to monitor things from the house.

StevenE

Comment

Working...
                              X