Ocelot no longer communicates with RLY8-XA devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ocelot no longer communicates with RLY8-XA devices

I just updated the plug in for the Ocelot. I went into config and clicked on the create devices button. I then went to Status and saw that there were 128 variables created (named ^1 through ^64 and ]1 through ]64). I have my Ocelot connected to 2 RLY8-XA devices). I deleted all the created valiables except for ^1 through ^8 and ]1 through ]8. I then changed each of the remaining valiables to digital output and saved them. When I try to turn one of the variables on and off, I watch the ocelot. The active light never lights up when I click on the On or Off button. I am wondering if HS2 is sending the commands to the Ocelot or not. How can I tell?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Note: I am using this setup to have HS2 be able to control a series of speakers which are located throughout the house. The speakers are wired 1 wire into a speaker selector switch and the other wire into the RLY8-XA. With the circut normally off, no sound signal makes it to the speaker. When the Ocelot instructs the RLY8-XA to "turn on", the circut is complete and the sound signal makes it to the speaker.

Note 2: The Active light on the Ocelot flashes on and off 3 times at regular intervals even though no signals (that I know of) are being sent to the Ocelot.
    <!-- / message -->
    <!-- controls -->

Originally posted by jonathn6 View Post
    I just updated the plug in for the Ocelot. I went into config and clicked on the create devices button. I then went to Status and saw that there were 128 variables created (named ^1 through ^64 and ]1 through ]64). I have my Ocelot connected to 2 RLY8-XA devices). I deleted all the created valiables except for ^1 through ^8 and ]1 through ]8. I then changed each of the remaining valiables to digital output and saved them. When I try to turn one of the variables on and off, I watch the ocelot. The active light never lights up when I click on the On or Off button. I am wondering if HS2 is sending the commands to the Ocelot or not. How can I tell?

Thanks,
    Jonathan

Note: I am using this setup to have HS2 be able to control a series of speakers which are located throughout the house. The speakers are wired 1 wire into a speaker selector switch and the other wire into the RLY8-XA. With the circut normally off, no sound signal makes it to the speaker. When the Ocelot instructs the RLY8-XA to "turn on", the circut is complete and the sound signal makes it to the speaker.

Note 2: The Active light on the Ocelot flashes on and off 3 times at regular intervals even though no signals (that I know of) are being sent to the Ocelot.
    <!-- / message -->
    <!-- controls -->
    Johathan, double check your COM port settings and the log to ensure that the plug-in is opening the expected COM port. I had some problems initially when installing the new HST Ocelot plug-in (not Michaels's ADIOcelot plug-in so disregard if you're using his). IIRC I found the plug-in was grabbing a different COM port after a reboot rather than the one I "thought" I was configuring in the plugin setup page. I somehow finally got the COM port setting to "stick" and the plug-in has been working since.

The fact that your Ocelot "Active" (green) LED flashes 3 times at regular intervals is normal, but your comms light should also be flashing (rapidly) almost continuously (at least it does in my setup with Secu-16 and Secu-16IR).

Don

Comment

You are correct. I somehow lost the comm port settings. I disabled the plug-ins, closed homseer, re-initialized the ocelot via cmax, re-found the RLY through cmax and restarted homeseer. Then, I restarted homseer, enabled the plug-in, and went to the clicked on configure. Up came the ocelot and the RLY so everything is good.

Thanks for your assistance.

Jonathan

Comment

I've run into something similar. I see the comm light blinking madly, the active light blinking three times, so I am pretty sure Homeseer is connected to the Ocelot.

I have a SECU-16, SECU-16i and a light Bobcat. I can activate the relays in CMAX on the SECU-16. Homeseer sees the relays in their correct state but can not activate them. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks;

Originally posted by jonathn6 View Post
        You are correct. I somehow lost the comm port settings. I disabled the plug-ins, closed homseer, re-initialized the ocelot via cmax, re-found the RLY through cmax and restarted homeseer. Then, I restarted homseer, enabled the plug-in, and went to the clicked on configure. Up came the ocelot and the RLY so everything is good.

Thanks for your assistance.

Jonathan
        Don

Comment

Working...
        X