Relay not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relay not working

I just set up my Ocelot to integrate with the ADIOcelot plugin and everything is working but my relay. I can control the relay just fine through CMax but it's not working in Homeseer. Any ideas?

Dont know which of the two ocelot plugins you are using, but there is a related thread at http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=109842

Comment

Thanks Michael. That thread relates to the plugin I am using. So if I replace the exe file I am currently using for the ADIOcelot plugin with the one you attached, the relays should work?

Comment

Yes, there are two files threre. One contains diagnostics and the other is the same as without them. I expect the one without to be the same as what was available from the top of the ADIOcelot thread in that subforum.

Comment

I tried replacing the ADIOcelot plugin that I downloaded from the updater with the one you provided in the post and the relay is still not working. Do I need to do anything additional?

Comment

Make certain you setup radio to be ADIOcelot and not Applied Digital Ocelot as the second one is the HST plugin. There was also the debug version posted in the same thread.

Comment

I'm not sure what you mean about setting the radio to ADIOcelot. If you are saying to make sure the ADIOcelot is selected in the interface section under setup, it is. Also, I used the debug version in that post (it was the second attachment). Any other suggestions? Thanks.

Comment

The setup form for ADIOcelot allows you to assign the Interface Property to either of two names. For HS1 the name can be either, but for HS2 is need to be ADIOcelot.

Comment

I see what you're saying. I changed the name from Applied Digital Ocelot to ADIOcelot but its still not working.

Comment

Can you post the output from the debug version that was posted on the previously referenced thread?

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response. I've installed the plugin with the debug info from your other post. Now, where do I go to get the logs? I checked the /data folder but I didn't see anything regarding the ADIOcelot plugin.

Comment

I believe it goes to the Homeseer log. When a command is given to set a relay assigned to the ADIOcelot plugin then HS will call the plugin to perform the action. You will expect the first thing in the log related to this to be "SETIO". If you do not get this then the ADIOcelot plugin is not assigned to the device and this is typically related to the radio selection of the plugin Interface name. There is a utiltiy called InterfaceManager also posted at the top of the ADIOcelot forum that allows you to view this property in the HS devices.

Comment

Here is what shows in the Homeseer log when I tried to activate the relay. The radio is set to ADIOcelot in the plugin.

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/31/2010 12:07:56 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Device Control </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device: Basement Home Garage Door Opener ([9) ON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/31/2010 12:08:34 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Device Control </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device: Basement Home Garage Door Opener ([9) OFF</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/31/2010 12:30:00 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "Weather XML"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/31/2010 12:30:00 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script in background: weathercom_xml.txt</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/31/2010 1:00:00 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Event Trigger "Update NOAA Weather"</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/31/2010 1:00:00 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Event </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Running script in background: NOAAWeather.vb</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/31/2010 1:02:34 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>ConfigIO </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Calling ConfigIO for ADIOcelot</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

The log shows that ADIOcelot was never called other than for the initialization. Use the InterfaceManager utility to see what .Interface property are associated with your relay devices. You can also delete these devices from HS, restart and let ADIOcelot recreate them and this should assure that they have the .Interface property associated witht he currrent setting of the radio.

Comment

I deleted the device, restarted HS, created the device again through the ADIOcelot plugin and tried to activate the relay and this is the output from the log that I received:

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/31/2010 1:45:55 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Warning </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>'status' property on device Secu16 Unit 1 Relay Output 1 was accessed - this property has been deprecated and should not be used.</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime1 noWrap align=left>1/31/2010 1:46:26 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType1 align=left colSpan=3>Device Control </TD><TD class=LOGEntry1 align=left colSpan=8>Device: Secu16 Unit 1 Relay Output 1 ([9) ON</TD></TR><TR><TD class=LOGDateTime0 noWrap align=left>1/31/2010 1:46:31 PM </TD><TD class=LOGType0 align=left colSpan=3>Device Control </TD><TD class=LOGEntry0 align=left colSpan=8>Device: Secu16 Unit 1 Relay Output 1 ([9) OFF</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

Working...
                              X