This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot & Powermid

I have read a number of threads on this topic and understand that I can connect an IR emitter from the Ocelot to one of the Powermids and put the other Powermid near my HT equipment for full control via Homeseer.

However, what if I want to be able to route my remote control through Homeseer so I can incorporate events, etc? I would think I would need some sort of 2 way communication. In other words, what would go in place of the "???" in the following diagram? (remote control -> ??? -> Ocelot -> HS -> Ocelot -> Powermid -> HT equipment)

Thanks in advance.

I've not tried this but couldn't you just reverse the install of the Powermids. In other words, put a powermid "receiver" where the remote will be, and put the powermid "transmitter" near the Ocelot. The only issue I can think of is if you get into an ir loop where one powermid sends the code the other picks it up and sends it back, etc.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

For awhile I was using IR/HS/Ocelot in the manner you are asking about. In essence I was using the ocelot to translate IR so the proper equipment was controlled with the proper code. The Harmony now does this for me.

The problems that I experienced were latency and dealing with repeating IR codes such as Volume control.

Comment

Look at my thread on Applied Digital forum.

http://www.appdigusers.com/forums/ub...1467#Post21467

Unfortunately I had to put this project on back burner.

BTW the Powermind receiver doesn't have input (at least my doesn't). Only the transmitter has output.

Comment

BTW the Powermind receiver doesn't have input (at least my doesn't). Only the transmitter has output.
          The input to Powermind is an IR emitter from Ocelot (or distribution block) stuck to the unit or at least within line of sight.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry View Post
            The input to Powermind is an IR emitter from Ocelot (or distribution block) stuck to the unit or at least within line of sight.
            Oh, OK. When I hear input, I picture a hole...

Comment

Working...
            X