Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot get IR via HS - Works fine via CMax - Solved!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot get IR via HS - Works fine via CMax - Solved!

I decided I needed IR control as I build out my HS system in the "new" house (been here 2.5 years). I used my Ocelot and the ADI Ocelot plugin in the past, but for the life of me I can't remember how I set it up and I can't find documentation that helps. Hoping someone can direct me, please...

I used CMax to learn IR codes, and when I send those codes using CMax things work fine. But after installing and enabling the InfraRed function using Setup>Interfaces, nothing worked. I then went to the IR Signals page and one by one entered the same devices and functions from CMax onto this page, and then I tried the Learn function for each. Still didn't work (even though I used the same numbering scheme in both HS and CMax, just in case)...

I closed HS and fired up CMax again - still works fine. Tried HS again (after closing Cmax down). Nada... I then disabled ADI Ocelot and tried the regular HS Ocelot plugin. It was even worse, as HS just hung when I pressed the "Send" button. I could go to the Status page and that stopped the hang, but it still didn't work. I also tried setting up an event using the drop down IR signal for something I know works fine in Cmax, but the event does nothing in terms of IR.

So... I am very, very stumped. What am I missing here, gents? HS seems to not even know the Ocelot is there... Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Joe
    Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

I am aware the file structure used by HST to identify the zones and codes changed between HS1 and HS2. I do not remember if there was an attempt to change this aspect of ADIOcelot. For HS1 the format was reverse-engineered. I doubt if I would have done it for HS2 since I never migrated to HS2.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Michael. Fortunately, I had just made a rooke mistake. I had tried switching around some serial devices to rule out a com port or cabling issue, and forgot to change the settings in ACRF2 back. That was causing the problem. Now seems to be working fine.

Joe
      Last edited by Madcodger; February 24, 2013, 08:44 PM. Reason: Solved
      Madcodger

This would be a lot easier if I knew what I was doing...

Comment

Working...
      X