This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR Communicating from HS to Ocelot

I recently got an Ocelot, hooked it up, programmed it via CMAX etc. I informed HS about my new Ocelot and all was well. Everything was working as I had expected. Now, I decided to try IR emission from HS through the Ocelot. I read the help file and found a small group of sub calls, something to the effect of &cpuxa.PlayIR( 1 ) for instance. When I try to run this method, I get an error stating the Ocelot is not initialized or setup correctly?? I taught my Ocelot all my IR codes seperate from HS thinking I could simply use the above sub if I knew what IR I wanted to broadcast. Is this not the case? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am new to VB scripting, but not programming, so even a small sample script would maybe help.

Thanks in advance.

Derek [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

Dereck,

I don't think your problem has anything to do with scripting.

First make sure you can send the IR command in CMax.

Assuming that you can play the IR command in CMax then it sounds like a HomeSeer setup problem. I believe that you must setup the Ocelot in each of three places to get full functionality for x10, I/O and IR.

Specifically, for IR go to View|Options|Interfaces there is an IR setup section where you must select the Ocelot and the correct com port.

You can also test any IR position in HomeSeer using View|IR Config select the device and hover the mouse over one of the test buttons and it will tell you the number. When you get to the right number hit test.

If that doesn't work, It may also be worth deinstalling and reinstalling HomeSeer.

Finally, there have been recent upgrades both to Ocelot and the HomeSeer Ocelot plugin that you may need to download and install. I have not yet needed to do this last step and my IR works fine. But perhaps your Ocelot is a more recent version and will require the new HS ocelot Plugin.

HTH,

Jon

Comment

Working...
    X