This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to ocelot and HS scripting. Please help

I just purchased an Ocelot with a SECU-16IR. It is my understanding that in order to use the SECU-16IR, I need to use scripting. My application is to control my tv, dss, stereo, etc...

Since I have no scripting experience, could someone please post a sample script that would allow me to work the power on the tv, or something like that. I just need a starting point and would really appreciate it.

The direct answer to you question is:

The format is cpuxa.PlayRemoteIR (unit as integer, zone as integer, location as integer )

If you have nothing else hooked to the Ocelot then it will be unit 1, assume the desired IR emitter is connected to zone 2, and the power on command was learned into position 234.

The script would be:

sub main()
    cpuxa.PlayRemoteIR(1,2,234)
    end sub

Create an event in HomeSeer and under Scripting hit the new button give it a name, type (or paste) it in from the "sub main() to end sub" ,no quotation marks. You can test the script right there.

Now before you do all that make sure that you have auto addressed your SECU16IR in CMax and have learned the command in CMax to position 234. Test this first in CMax | Infra-red | Transmit Remote Infra-red command.

All commands must be learned in CMax to use with the SECU16IR. Once it works in CMax then HS should be the easy part.

I have a fairly extensive database of IR commands that can drive Barry Gordon's GenIRDB program that can generate most IR commands including discrete power commands and a number of other functions that can't be learned. So if you are just starting out I can probably save you the trouble of learning all the commands into the Ocelot.

Just email me at jarmstrong@hanarmco.com with your equipment and approximate age. I don't really need model numbers just Sony TV will be adequate. Once I generate them then I can email you a file that can be read into the Ocelot with CMax.

Jon

Comment

No need to create a script file for that (you'd end up with an awful lot of script files after a while!), just put this into the script field:

&cpuxa.PlayRemoteIR(1,2,234)

Of course you could still end up with a lot of events.

Nucleus Home Automation
      News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Well, I setup a tv power off on ir location 1. I have the ir emitter plugged into ir1 on the secu16-ir. I have tried &cpuxa.PlayRemoteIR(1,1,1) and &cpuxa.PlayRemoteIR(1,0,1)... no luck. The comm light on the 16-ir is flashing fast so I assume communications are working to the 16-ir. I can issue commands through the ocelot ir emitter with no problem....

Comment

Greg,

Let's narrow down the problem. You said:

>I can issue commands through the ocelot ir emitter with no problem....<

1.Is that in HomeSeer or CMax?

2.Can you transmit a remote command in CMax

3.Did you "auto-address" and find the SECU16IR in CMax per the Appled Digital instructions

4.On startup of HomeSeer does the log show that HomeSeer recognized the Ocelot? The SECU16IR?

Basically If you can't make it work in CMax it will never work in HomeSeer. If it is working in CMax it is probably a HS installation issue. I do not have the SECU16IR, I do have a couple of SECU16's.

My guess is that you have to install the Ocelot in at least two places under View|Options|Interfaces then highlight (under the RF, I/O, Custom Interfaces) the Ocelot and hit setup. Also the Ocelot will also have to be selected under Infrared Interfaces. I think that the I/O interfaces will be necessary because the Ocelot looks at the SECU16IR as another I/O interface.

Perhaps someone who has made it work will give you more explicit instructions.

HTH,

Jon

Comment

Working...
          X