This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have concerns about using Ocelot with homeseer

I am very new to all this stuff and have been reading the past few weeks about X10 including homeseer and the ocelot. After reading this message board and many other places on the net I thought it would be best to get a dedicated computer and let homeseer do all the controlling. One thing I do not want is LAG so I thought I would just add an input module to ocelet and hardwire all the keypads to it so there is not much lag time. Now I am very concerned because I have been reading the ocelet with not always let homeseer know what it is doing.

The only thing I will be using the ocelet for is IR input and hardwire input. It will not be doing any of the dimming and direct controling of X10 lights or devices.

I need this to be reliable and my question is if the Ocelot will always let Homeseer know when it receives input from the ADICON Expansion Modules via serial?

My goal is to make this system as fast as possible so I really don't want to use the CM11a to read x10 signals that are created by the Ocelot just to make sure homeseer sees them. I want to make the jump between x10 signals as few as I can to speed up the action of pushing a button.

I really would not even need the Ocelet if there was someway to hardwire my switches to the to the PC and have homeseer work with them.

Any comments or ideas?

Thanks

Technically, you can set the poll timer on the OCX as low as you like. I found it starts eating processor time if you get it down to 100ms or less. That's pretty quick response, though, eh? If you set a variable at the same time as sending an X10 from ADI (if you want), you can act very quickly. I often just set the variable and let HS do the X10. I reserve the "direct X10" from the ADI for when I want something on the Leopards to work if HS is out of commission or I want to just send an X10 command that I use as a "macro" command in HS.

I think it best to just say this: the combination of the two is excellent. I use them interchangeably depending on the application. The Leopard screens are pretty cool for simple UI and (once all is tweaked in) the ADI net is very reliable.

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
    X