This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New version of Ocelot plugin...

I see (don't know whether I should have or not!) that a new version of the Ocelot plugin (.14) has been put up on the FTP site.

I've installed this, and encouragingly, when it starts up, it now says: "Found module: SECU16IR", which didn't happen before, so at least it is aware now of the extra module.

One thing though? - when I view the interface properties, in the detected modules list, it still only lists the CPUXA/Ocelot module, not the SECU16IR. - therefore I can't create the devices to represent the 16 zones via the button...

So my question is: - is this correct? - *should* the SECU16IR be listed in the detected modules list? - *should* I be able to create devices for this module, or is this not necessary?

No documentation appeared for the new plugin version, so I'd just like to clarification on how far the SECU16IR support goes, and how it works.

Many thanks!

Paul G.

Paul,

I don't know whether this is an answer but I will describe what I see in my setup.

I am running an earlier version but under View|Options|Interface in the lower left under RF, I/O Custom Interfaces (assuming you have already installed the CPUXA/Ocelot) in the "Active Interfaces" box highlight the "Applied Digital Ocelot" push the setup button and that should bring up another dialog box called "Configure Interface" and that has a "Units Detected" box.

In my case, I have two SECU16's and the Ocelot and both SECU16's show up there as Units 0 through 2 respectively.

Obviously some of this could have been changed in your later version but mine has worked very reliably.

HTH,

Jon

Comment

It's the list under "Units discovered" in the "Configure Interface" dialog that I'm referring to. - I've never seen anything in there apart from the "Unit 0 Ocelot/CPU-XA/Leopard" regardless of which version of the plugin I use.

It looks like perhaps I need to uninstall and reinstall the plugin?....

Cheers.

Paul G.

Comment

Paul,

Does the SECU16R work with CMax? Can you issue a remote IR command and make it work. Also, once you attach CPU-XA in CMax, does the unit show up in the right hand panel? If not, then it must first work in CMax before HS will see it.

If so, it probably is a reinstall possibly of HS and the plug-in. Make sure that you make a separate copy of your hdv file in a separate directory. I think I remember losing mine in this process. Perhaps someone else or a search here will give a more concrete answer.

Good luck,

Jon

Comment

Hmm... well, I just tried uninstalling & reinstalling the plugin, but that hasn't changed anything... :-(

I haven't checked it with C-MAX since I auto-addressed the module, (which worked fine). After addressing it, I could see additional "stuff" in C-MAX...

Now that the plugin does at least show the additional module in the log during startup, I presume that means that it is seen OK by the plugin, I just can't make it refresh the list of detected modules in the configure interface box...

Oh well, - looks like a reinstall of HS is the next job... :-(

Thanks.

Paul G.

Comment

The SECU16IR doesn't show up in the config list, but can still be used by Homeseer to send IR commands using cpuxa.PlayRemoteIR(addr,zone,ir_command)
            addr = address of SECU16IR on the ADnet (485)
            zone = output zone on the SECU16IR
            ir_command = location # of IR command in the Ocelot to send through the SECU16IR

This is from memory, so check the help file to verify the syntax...

Comment

Yeah, I was aware that it could stil be used by Homeseer, - even if only via the scripting interface. I just wondered if the new version of the plugin had improved on that ability at all...

Cheers.

Paul G.

Comment

Yes, it does not show in the list since there is nothing to configure. The plugin simply recognizes that its available and gives you zone options in the IR config. I guess I should at least add it to the list and display some kind of message when you attempt to create devices for it.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC

[This message was edited by Rich Helmke (HomeSeer Tech) on Wednesday, 24 April 2002 at 10:11 AM.]
                💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Especially for people like me, who don't believe something is working properly unless I see something to prove it!

Thanks.

Paul G.

Comment

One thing that would be great would be for Homeseer to allow text matching in the script interface for the Secu16R. Right now when I want to send a whole system IR command I use the SendIR command which takes text strings (IE. SendIR "VCR,Record"). This is great because I can move my IR codes around and don't have to rewrite my code. However when I want to send a Secu16IR command I have to know the number of the stored command location. So, I have code this entirely differently and more 'hard' coded.

I'd love to be able to just do cpuxa.SendRemoteIR (1, 1, "VCR,Record")or something like that.

It would also be great to be able to print the list of IR commands to the Printer.

Thanks!
                    Jonathan

Comment

Working...
                    X