This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot on USB Serial Hub works with CMAX but not HS

Ocelot on USB Serial Hub works with CMAX but not HS? Why not? It always get stuck at "initializing IO". I set it to COM4, which is the first port on my Comtrol USB Serial Hub.

Running Win2k Pro. Any thoughts? Perhaps HS only allows the IO interface to work with standard COM ports - as there appears to be no "setup" available for Applied Digital under Custom Interface?

I have not run an ADI unit on a USB serial interface, but the MR26a works fine... so it doesn't appear to me that there is a "HS only allows the IO interface to work with standard COM ports" condition.

Come to think of it... I had an issue like this with a totally different product and environment... then it occurred to me that the Ocelot OCX actually "handles" the serial interface, if I'm not mistaken... so... there could be a serial initialization issue with the Ocelot OCX. The other product I had this with was a car computer programmer and the author was able to work out the serial comm issue after some time.

(see profile for environment)

Comment

I have been using an Edgeport hub for some time with W2k and it works fine with the Ocelot and MR26a. You need to be sure that the driver was properly installed. You can check out the driver by running the Edgeport program.

Comment

HS should work on any COM port installed in the system. It uses system calls to use the port and does not talk to the port directly. I am currently running the Ocelot on a USB serial adapter on COM4 and it works fine.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I also had issues with the ocelot plug-in hanging at the i/o initializing screen. If I waited 10 minuts it would get past but not work well.
          It forced me to stay with plugin version 1.0.7.

but I recently tried 1.0.14 and all seems to be well.
          ( Of course the next reboot all bets are off. )
          [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

StevenE
          Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

I have been running homeseer on an MSN machine with no COM port and it works fine. I use 2 USB to Serial converters (same brand) one forOcelot and one for MR26a. All is well.

Mheeli.

Comment

I should have pointed out I am using the rocket port 4 serial port to usb.
              And the ocelot is now on a d-link serial to usb
              No problems just wanted to use the rocketport ports for something else.

BTW I was having the same problem even with a standard serial port.

StevenE

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rich Helmke (HomeSeer Tech):
                HS should work on any COM port installed in the system. It uses system calls to use the port and does not talk to the port directly. I am currently running the Ocelot on a USB serial adapter on COM4 and it works fine.

-Rich

__HomeSeer Technologies LLC__<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rich:

What brand/model of USB Serial adapter are you running with the Ocelot? I want to get one that I know will work and since you've got a working model, care to share the info?

Many thanks!!!

Comment

We have our own USB adapter you can use.

I have tried two brands (the names escape me, I'm on the road right now). Got one at Staples and the other at Amazon.com. Both worked without a hitch.

Kevin Barrett
                  ADI Tech Support

Comment

I have a Keyspan 4 port USB to Serial adapter and the Ocelot works fine connected to it.

Comment

Yes I have tried the keyspan and its fine, I also have a couple from I-concepts (they are marked as PDA adapters). They also work fine. I think any of them should work for you.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC
                      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I am using comtrol rocketport and keyspan. they both have worked fine with the ocelot.

D-link on the otherhand did not work. ( the one i tried. don't remember the model )

StevenE

Comment

Working...
                        X