Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Working with HS Ocelot Devices?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question: Working with HS Ocelot Devices?

What defines the HS Device as being an Ocelot Variable, is it the Device Location or the Device Code?

Example:
    Can a listed default Ocelot location be changed? So that I can group the Qcelot Variables by function and have HS still know the Device is an Ocelot Device(variable)?

Also, if I delete an Ocelot Device, can I reinstall it by defining the Reinstalled Ocelot's Device Code the same as orginally listed by HS for the orginial deleted device and have HS know the new device is a pacific Ocelot Variable?

Hope that last question makes sense, I've rewritten it 4 time and its still not clear to me what I said.

Roger [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

May have answered my own question, but would like to hear from some who really knows.

Changed both both Device Name and Location on several devices and all devices are being displayed on the same device page grouped and display by the new location and all device are still being updated by HomeSeer.

Roger

Comment

The House Code / Device Code is what HS uses to access the Ocelot variables. You can change the Location / Name to anything you want.

Steve

Comment

Steve

Thanks, for the information.

Roger

Comment

Working...
        X