This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error Problem in HS

This might not be an Ocelot problem, but I'm getting the following errors daily:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
    9/17/2002 5:08:16 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:16 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:22 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:22 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:26 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:26 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:30 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:30 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:34 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:34 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:38 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:38 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:42 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:42 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:46 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    9/17/2002 5:08:46 AM~!~Error~!~Ocelot plug-in: unable to write to ocelog.log file (maybe no disk space)
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no disk space problem, and everything else is working. Very strange, as it seems to occur daily. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

-System Spec------
    ASUS A7V333ARU VIA KT333 MOTHERBOARD; AMD ATHLON XP PROCESSOR 2200+ (1800MHz); 1024MB DDR 333MHz DDRAM; ATI RAGE 128 CHIPSET 32MB W/ TV OUT VGA CARD; AHANIX PLATINUM XP SILVER/BLACK COLOR 9 DRIVE BAYS SPI 300W POWER SUPPLY TOOL-LESS PANELS ATX MID TOWER CASE; Win2K SP2 5Serial 1Parallel, Hawking Modem, Broadband &gt;Mediacomm, Phillips Audio, ATT Voices, PhoneSwitch, 10/100 Ethernet, Ocelot for IR and Bobcats, CM11A for X10
    -------------
    GenevaDude

Can you comunicate with the unit via C-Max? If so does C-Max see all your modules?

Kevin Barrett
    ADI Tech Support

Comment

Kevin,

Good point. I noticed that I have not received any updates from my bobs for over a week now. When I get home I'll have to look into that. I just thought this was due to a broken script, not thinking it might have been a communication problem in the Ocelot/bob lines.

By the way, seperate quesion, if you don't mind. I've had the light sensor bob on order at Worthington since July. Are you guys going to produce some soon? I really need one badly. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-System Spec------
      ASUS A7V333ARU VIA KT333 MOTHERBOARD; AMD ATHLON XP PROCESSOR 2200+ (1800MHz); 1024MB DDR 333MHz DDRAM; ATI RAGE 128 CHIPSET 32MB W/ TV OUT VGA CARD; AHANIX PLATINUM XP SILVER/BLACK COLOR 9 DRIVE BAYS SPI 300W POWER SUPPLY TOOL-LESS PANELS ATX MID TOWER CASE; Win2K SP2 5Serial 1Parallel, Hawking Modem, Broadband &gt;Mediacomm, Phillips Audio, ATT Voices, PhoneSwitch, 10/100 Ethernet, Ocelot for IR and Bobcats, CM11A for X10
      -------------
      GenevaDude

Comment

Kevin - (or any one),

I found that I had unplugged the wrong wallwart and Ocelot was off! However, after restarting the unit, and letting it run (it is still operating fine this morning), I find that the errors are still recurring! I have hundreds and hundreds of errors now. What should I do to to fix the problem? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

-System Spec------
        -------------
        GenevaDude

Comment

You are still getting the errors. Does C-Max see the unit and the Bobcats OK?

We are shipping bobcats by the end of this week.

Kevin Barrett
          ADI Tech Support

Comment

Kevin,

Yes, the CMax does see them and I am getting updates in HS from my two bobcats.
            I just checked my website and the info was updated in the last 10 minutes.
            I tested with the Cmax yesterday and values did show up.

Since you are questioning if the CMax sees them, are you suspicious of something that I might want to investigate?

Thanks for the update on the bobcats shipping.

-System Spec------
            -------------
            GenevaDude

Comment

Well, if C-Max see's everything then there is no hardware problem. I was looking to see if C-Max was not seeing the bobcat properly. If it is, than I suspect no hardware problem.

Kevin Barrett
              ADI Tech Support

Comment

Check to see if you can access and write to ocelot.log using an ordinary text editor. Is it marked read-only? Are there permissions set on it preventing it from being written to? Try a DOS command like echo &gt;&gt;ocelot.log test, you might get a more meaningful error message.

Nucleus Home Automation
                News, support, and updates for Rover, Network Monitor, TimeIcons, and more

Comment

Hunter,

Before I read your message I deleted the log. It was 1.08G! I suspect that the size might have been the reason. In any case I have no errors reported since I deleted the log. This morning, however, it is already up to 32Mb! I'm turning the log off.

-System Spec------
                  -------------
                  GenevaDude

Comment

The log file is for diagnostic purposes, please don't leave it enabled at all times, as it logs a lot of data! In the Ocelot setup, uncheck the log box.

-Rich

HomeSeer Technologies LLC
                    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Right On Rich! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]
                      I never knew it was enabled, as I probably did it by accident. I wonder if anyone else has the log on, and doesn't know it. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

-System Spec------
                      -------------
                      GenevaDude

Comment

Working...
                      X