This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trigger IR

How do I get Homeseer to trigger an event based on an IR received from the Ocelot?

Rob

Rob

As long as the ocelot is set up under 'interfaces' in homeseer options as the IR device, the events trigger window will have an option for IR received.

Obviously the Ocelot needs to have learned the commands (either through cmax or homeseer) before it will match.

The ocelot can only match on the first 80 IR commands, so make sure that any you wish to match on are stored in locations 1-80. Don't use location 0.

To improve performance you can adjust how many IR commands the ocelot scans for a match, I can't remember which variable that is (any help?), but generally the lower it is the faster and more accurate the performance. What I mean is, if you only need five IR matches store them in 1,2,3,4,5 and set that variable to only scan the first 5 IR locations.

Jon P

Comment

but when I try to put the number of the IR Received ie locatio 13 it default back to Aux1,0.

Can you be more specific on how to do this?

Comment

It sounds like you are trying to enter the location that the Ocelot has it stored. HS doesn't recognize these. You need to use the location it understands.
        In the IR config window, you will see a list of devices, VCR, TV etc... If you look at each of these devices, it gives names to each of the IR locations. If you hover the mouse pointer over the 'L' (learn) or 'T' (test) buttoms (v1.6) then a dialog box appears with the Ocelot location.

It is probably easier to teach the Ocelot your IR commands from HS and then you can give them meaningful names. Only problem is you can only learn through HS at 40kHz. This is fine for most equipment. If you have some oddballs, you'll have to learn them in c-max. Just make a note of a suitable location nos. from the HS IR config window so you don't erase any previously learned commands.

Jon P

Comment

When I choose a trigger type of ir received, the drop down only shows Aux1, Aux2, and VCR. These are the first 3 devices in the IR learning menu. Where are all the others?

-Rupp
          ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Working...
          X