Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to get reliable I/O Will Ocelot work for this?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to get reliable I/O Will Ocelot work for this?

Hi,

I'm looking for reliable inputs, currently I us Garga's one 1-wire setup to monitor several temp sensors and a handful of DS2405's(I/O switch). This works for I/O and it's VERY cheap to get it up and running, however it isn't very reliable it falses the inputs several time a day, I think it just wire errors but it's killing my WAF. Although the 1-wire setup is perfect for temp sensing.

I'd like to role in the Ocelot with I/O module to replace the 1-wire switches, for my I/O and a complete IR and X10 solution all in one box. I'm just curious how reliable are the modules, do they ever false on the inputs or outputs. If I shell out $250 and don't get any more reliability my WAF will be at an all time low.

Let me know what your experiences have been regarding the Ocelot connected with the I/O modules.

Thanks!

Tim

I personally think the ocelot and the 4 secu16 and 2 secu16i's I have our the most reliable part of my HA setup.

StevenE
    Why oh why didn't I just leave things alone, they had been working.

Comment

Hi,
      you might try to catch the falses by checking them with another event. At least that way you ignore the temperature if its out of line. I do the same with a lm34.
      Stuart

Comment

Ocelot has been extremely reliable for me. Not one "hang" - at least not since getting the MOVs on the irrigation contacts. Everything else rock solid.

No glitches on the SECU16Is or RLY8XA at all.

WAF has been excellent with the Leopard - she can even change timers on irrigation and manually turn on/off her flower beds now. Love it.

(see profile for environment)

Comment

Working...
        X