Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What size phone plug does the Ocelot use?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What size phone plug does the Ocelot use?

Guys, what size phone plug does the Ocelot accept in the IR emitter connection? I bought a 1/8" Mono Phone plug but it doesn't go in all the way?

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Rupp,

It uses a standard 3.5mm mono audio jack plug (Europe) or 1/8" jack (USA/Canada). You may need to remove the PCB from the Ocelot & make the hole in the case bigger, for the plug to fit properly. Try it first without the plug's cover.

Jon
    Jon

Comment

I tried and it won't snap in. I either need a smaller diameter case or do as you state and make the hole bigger.

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

I could not find a suitable plug that had a diameter small enougth to fit. I had to drill the case of the Ocelot on mine!

Jon
        Jon

Comment

I can't get the PCB out. Its too tight a fit. I'm afraid I'll break it. Whats next ?

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

To remove the PCB you will need to lift the board from the 4 pin power/data socket side. The case will need to be pushed outwards to allow this socket to be released.

It is quite difficult as I remember but very easy to put the PCB back.

If you do not want to modify the case, a moulded plug from a cheap hi-fi lead may fit. Just cut off the connector at the other end of the lead and connect that to your IR emitter or IR repeater.

Jon
            Jon

Comment

In the Ocelot manual it refers to the plug as a Stereo plug for both the IR in and out. Rupp if you have a mono plug. That is probably the problem.

Comment

Gene,

Actually you are right in that I used a stereo plug.... but that is not the problem. The hole in the ocelot case is too small for the plug to engage correctly. Using a small diameter plug or enlarging the hole in the case is the only answer to this one!

Jon
                Jon

Comment

Working...
                X