This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ocelot problem with Discrete Sony VCR codes

I have a sony VCR where I have the following codes that work with my Pronto.

Power Off
    VTR3/VHS
    0000 0067 0000 000d 0060 0018 0030 0018 0030 0018 0030 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0018 03d4

Power On
    VTR3/VHS
    0000 0067 0000 000d 0060 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0030 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0030 0018 0018 0018 0030 0018 0018 03d4

They work just fine with my Pronto and through my pyramids. I have tried learning these codes into my ocelot with no success. I have tried multiple times to no avail. I have learned around a hundred other codes (a lot of other sony discretes) with no problems whatsoever. I have a sony slv-ax10 vcr and I'm using Homeseer 1.6 with the newest Ocelot plug-in. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Shane

Shane,

Some thoughts and questions.

As you probably know the codes are correct (command 47 and 46 for device 11, VCR3). I have found that it takes three to four repeats of Sony to be reliable with the Ocelot. Did you hold down the "button" until you got the audio or visual indication that learning is over. Did you try learning in CMax rather than HS.

Are you using the SECU16IR?

If you post or email your lir file (saved in CMax) I can append those commands generated with GenIRDB and force 4 repeats and place at the at the end of the lir file.

I assume they work on yout Pronto, right? I have heard that Sony has stopped putting discrete commands on some newer equipment.

How is the IR signal distributed from the Ocelot to the VCR?

-Jon

Comment

I did get the audio confirmation from Homeseer that it learned the command. I don't think I really held it down that long though. I did try to learn it a bunch of times and never got any response. I have not tried learning in C-Max versus Homeseer. I played around with C-Max a little before hooking up to home seer.

I am not using the SECU16IR. I'm using an x10 pyramid to get from the ocelot to the vcr. I can send discrete commands from my pronto through the pyramid to the vcr without any problem. I'm sending various other sony discrete commands without issues that I've noticed so far. I've only had the setup for a few days now.

I will post the lir commands when I get the chance. It might be a little while because I'm leaving town soon. Thanks a lot for your help.

Shane

Comment

Jon,

You posed a very interesting question.
        <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Did you try learning in CMax rather than HS.
        <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
        Is there a problem learning IR codes through HomeSeer? The reason I'm asking is in another thread I posted a script that is supposed to do exactly that, but I've had some dubious results. Is it possible to program the Ocelot through HomeSeer or is this just a sham?

In my case, my Pronto is going thru the powermid to the ocelot. But I'm not too sure it actually gets into a learn mode!

GenevaDude

Comment

The reason I frequently suggest learning/testing in CMax is two fold:

1. It eliminates a layer of setup problems.
          2. Ocelot cannot determine the carrier frequency of a learned signal, so it has to be set.

Through HS a learned signal can only be learned at the default carrier frequency of 38KHz. Sony is close enough 40 KHz but there is a diminution in range if you are off more than 10% in frequency. (The RCA, Dish, and older Panasonic equipment that use a 58KHz carrier frequency usually don’t work with the default frequency.)

Other than a limitation on setting the carrier frequency, I don't think HS is the problem if the Ocelot is installed properly.

My gut feeling is that trying to learn through powermids may be a problem due to interference although I think they work pretty well as a distribution system.

-Jon

Comment

Have any idea of the frequency of the General Instruments cable boxes? I can not learn any codes from this thing?

-Rupp
            ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
            πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Rupp,

It is 38 KHz. As I said in the AppDig newsgroup (after first confusing it with Jerrold), I don't think the problems that you are having are coming from the Ocelot.

If I understand correctly, you have tried the commands that I generated for the GI STB and also by learning them. What sort of emitter are you using from the Ocelot to the GI STB?

Double check the jack that the emitter is connected to. The IR emitter jack is between the serial port and the edge of the case on the left side when looking at the serial port and with the labels/writing on the top of the box and the ears to bolt the unit down on the bottom.

-Jon

Comment

Sorry I didn't see the reply in the AppDig newsgroup. I built a blaster emitter and it works with a VCR, TV and, DVD player. But I tired to learn the on/off button on the remote and it never responds? The other 3 devices work fine both on and off. The confusing thing is the remote states Jerrold but the box is a GI? Thanks for the help by the way.

-Rupp
                πŸ’β€β™‚οΈ Support & Customer Service πŸ™‹β€β™‚οΈ Sales Questions πŸ›’ Shop HomeSeer Products​

Comment

Rupp,

Disregard my previous message in this space, I found the problem.

-Jon

[This message was edited by Jon Armstrong on Friday, 18 October 2002 at 07:48 PM.]

Comment

What do you mean you found the problem.

-Rupp

Comment

Working...
                    X