Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step by step how to enter descrite codes for a sony receiver using the Ocelot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its still a no go.

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

How is the IR signal getting from the Ocelot to the Cable STB. Is it Ocelot ==> Guy Lavoie's blaster? Or is there something else in between (like powermids)?

-Jon

Comment

I'm using the blaster and holding the cable box in my lap to be sure the signals are getting through. I can control my VCR from across the room.

-Rupp

Comment

Are we giving up on this one?

-Rupp

Comment

No never! But I am sort of out of ideas for the moment. I will post a question to the App Dig board if the Ocelot can do a zero carrier frequency IR signal and ask for the specs for the lir file format. If we can get that, then we should be able to manually edit the 20 or so commands. I know the timings we just can't set the frequency to zero.

I'll also follow up with Barry Gordon.

-Jon

Comment

Where is the Applied Digital board? Are you speaking of the mailing list on Future Standard?

Am very interested in any board for Applied Digital/Ocelot there is out there.

Comment

Rupp,

Duh! It just hit me have you tried learning the Set Top Box signals in CMax with the frequency set to zero??

Brian,

I was referring to the Future Standard mailing list.

-Jon

Comment

But I will when I get home. I'll let you know.

-Rupp

Comment

I tried but the CMAX software bumps it back up to 19 Khz? It didn't work. I think its a minimum value or something? On another note I can't get the descrete on and off to work for the Sony receiver. Can you generate me a file with just the Sony commands in it so I can get this to work? Better yet can you teach me how to make these files for myself?

-Rupp

[This message was edited by Rupp on Friday, 25 October 2002 at 11:53 PM.]

Comment

Rupp,

I started to answer your post over at RC, but here is the scoop on the Sony receiver. The newer ones like yours can be set to two different device codes. Sony decided to set the default to the new device code. So if you go into setup on the receiver somewhere there is a choice between AV1 and AV2. It is now set on AV2 so change to AV1 and then what I have already sent should work fine.

I posted a long, boring message to the Ocelot message board describing your dilemma with the cable box -- hopefully we will get a short, interesting answer.

Once we get all this working, download GenIRDB from Remote Central or Barry's site, www.The-Gordons.net and read the documentation that will answer most questions, but I use a technique where you can use one big device file to do everything and that is not very well documented and I can explain that and some other minor idiosyncrasies

-Jon

Comment

I read the dinky 5 page manual that came with my receiver and it has nothing about this AV1 /AV2 switch over? Do you know where I can go to get this info?

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

I was following your posts at RC so I just went ahead and setup the other device code for your Sony receiver. I took another crack at the cable box so you might try both. BTW, my message finally hit the Ocelot message group.

-Jon
                          Attached Files

Comment

Are the codes still in the same locations? It would seem if there is no descete on and off for AV1 then the positions would change? Greg

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

The IR positions are the same. I just substituted the new device number.

-Jon

Comment

Does the new file have descrete on and off or not?

-Rupp

Comment

Working...
                                X