Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step by step how to enter descrite codes for a sony receiver using the Ocelot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Step by step how to enter descrite codes for a sony receiver using the Ocelot.

Can someone give me a step by step guide on entering descrete codes for a sony receiver? TIA Greg

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

You either can just use "System Off" and "CD","DAT", etc for discrete off/on. (Sending a 'source' command when the unit is off not only switches the source but also turns the unit on).

Or a second option is to buy the Radio Shack remote and learn the discrete codes from it.

-Nitrox

Comment

I've read where others have downloaded these commands? How is this done?

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

What equipment are you trying to control?
        Sony TV, Toshiba DVD, etc. is fine I don't need model numbers.

I have a pretty good database of IR commands that work with GenIRDB that can create an lir file that can be downloaded into the Ocelot with CMax. I can generate the commands and you can load them and try. Most of the time I come pretty close.

Although none of this is very hard, I can generate the file faster than I can explain how to do it. I am very active with the JP1 group that programs the One-For-All remotes and they will certainly work, but in the case of an Ocelot or sLinke you can avoid the intermediate step.

-Jon

Comment

Thanks. All I really want to start with is a Sony receiver, Sony 5 disk CD changer, and a General Instrument Cable box. Thanks for the offer.

-Rupp

Comment

Which GI cable box? They do respond to several different IR protocols. The receiver and cd player should be no problem.

-Jon

Comment

Rupp,

I guessed on the GI Cable box. Here is what to do:

1. Unzip the files I sent

2. Close Homeseer

3. Open CMax. Under comms attach cpuxa. In the second box that pops up, Under Infra-red|upload file to CPUXA, upload rupp.lir (this will take some time)

4. Before reopening HS test out some commands in CMax. Infra-red|Transmit Infra-red| enter 160 (your discrete power on for the Sony receiver)

The rest of the files can be used with GenIRDB to genrate these commands if you ever need to they are just FYI. The Master.dvc is a text file with a bunch of things to tell GenIRDB what to do. Open it in notepad.

In the middle of the page you will see something like:

160- Power On (Discrete) =Sony12:16,46,4

160 is the IR position number

Power On (Discrete) is what the command does

=Sony12:16,46,4 means sony 12 bit protocol:device 16, command 46, and 4 repeats which is necessary to get good reliability from Sony signals with the Ocelot.

5. Anything not here will be covered on the Final [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Let me know if it works,

-Jon
              Attached Files

Comment

Model # DPV7212 is this what you needed? The remote says Jerrold, the box says General Instrument. I tried to learn the on button via the CMax software and it never responded? I also tried the file you sent me and its a no go. I sent you an email explaining it in more detail.

-Rupp

[This message was edited by Rupp on Monday, 14 October 2002 at 11:35 PM.]

Comment

I found the problem it was a syntax error on my part in the device file for GenIRDB. Replace by Uploading the rupp1.lir file into your Ocelot using CMax. The other files in the zip are FYI. The commands should be in the same IR position.

I think you said in the other thread that everything else was working. Let me know if this fixes the GI STB.

-Jon
                  Attached Files

Comment

Cable box still doesn't work but all else works fine. I wonder what it is?

-Rupp

Comment

As you know we ran into a snag because GenIRDB cant write a 0 Frequency IR file to the Ocelot and I don't even itf it could whether the Ocelot/CMax will accept that. In the mean time lets try a very high frequency IR carrier frequency (440 KHz).

IR signals are normally 38 KHz and with Jerrold's short on pulse durations (40 uSec) they get close to the pulse length of the carrier at low frequencies particularly because the duty cycle may only 30 to 33%.

At any rate just give this a try, I actually think it will work.

-Jon
                      Attached Files

Comment

I hate to have to say it but it still doesn't work. I have been learning other devices today and tehy all work just fine. I think I'm about to give up on this cable box and connect a VCR. If I could only find a VCR that had a plug in the rear like the cable box. Let me know if you want to continue. I just wondering if it worth it. I'm afraid I'm using too much of your time. Thanks for all the help. Greg

-Rupp

Comment

If you are not tired of testing try this one.

Same except for timing differences on the STB protocol.
                          Attached Files

Comment

I thought maybe you were getting tired of me. I'm in this for the long haul. HA.

The downside is it still doesn't work. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]

All others do but not the GI range. I tried 177 and 183 and 184. None of the attempts work :~(

-Rupp

Comment

It's no problem for me just a few changes with a text editor and we get a different waveform. I just lowered the frequency from 444Khz to 300Khz and left the On pulses lengthened. My theory is that It may produce a more powerful signal at a lower frequency since AFAIK I can't change the duty cycle.

-Jon
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X