Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step by step how to enter descrite codes for a sony receiver using the Ocelot.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new file for Sony has the identical commands including the standard Sony commands for discrete On and Off (46 and 47 respectively). Sony uses a pretty well organized command structure. Device 1 is TV, Device 16 is Audio (and also 48).

Device 1:Command 46 Turns the TV On.
    Device 48:Command 46 turns on the receiver.

The reason your commands weren't working is that I had not changed the protocol to Sony15 from Sony12, when I changed device numbers from 16 to 48. Sony12 only has a 5-bit device code and you can't get past 31 in 5-bits, duh!

The good news is that Barry Gordon modified GenIRDB to do a zero carrier file for Ocelot (Let's hope the Ocelot can actually do that.)

New file attached.

-Jon
    Attached Files

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jon Armstrong:
      The new file for Sony has the identical commands including the standard Sony commands for discrete On and Off (46 and 47 respectively). Sony uses a pretty well organized command structure. Device 1 is TV, Device 16 is Audio (and also 48).

Device 1:Command 46 Turns the TV On.
      Device 48:Command 46 turns on the receiver.
      Looking at the file named Rupp_Master2.dvc the Receiver discrete on is in location 119 on discrete off is in location 120 correct??? This device 1"command 48 turns on the receiver is confusing me as to the location of the correct code.
      The reason your commands weren't working is that I had not changed the protocol to Sony15 from Sony12, when I changed device numbers from 16 to 48. Sony12 only has a 5-bit device code and you can't get past 31 in 5-bits, duh!

The good news is that Barry Gordon modified GenIRDB to do a zero carrier file for Ocelot (Let's hope the Ocelot can actually do that.)

New file attached.

This last file you sent me will not issue an ir command at all. I tried about 15 of the ir locations and my mouse emitter (which flashes) never did flash. So to verify nothing was wrong I learned a code and sent it with no problems. Maybe a bad file?
      -Jon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

-Rupp
      ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Rupp,

I think you are getting confused.

The IR commands are below the information about each device. IR positions 119 and 120 are the discrete power commands for your CD Player.

The discrete Power commands for the Receiver are IR positions 160 and 161 and they look like this:

160- Power On (Discrete) =Sony15:48,46,4
        161- Power Off (Discrete) =Sony15:48,47,4

the numbers at the far left "160-" is the IR position. The stuff after the = sign is the shorthand that tells GenIRDB what command to create and that means Sony 15-bit protocol: Device 48, Command 46 (or 47), Repeat 4 times.

Back on the 19th of October you said everything was working except for the Cable Box. Subsequently you posted something at Remote Central that led me to believe that your receiver was not responding. Was that only the "discrete codes power commands" that weren't working?

Now, if you have been trying to issue commands from IR position 119 and 120 and from that concluded that your receiver wasn't responding, then the file attached may now have the wrong device code for the receiver (meaning nothing will work for the receiver), since I changed it in this version.

If none of the receiver commands ever worked then this version will probably have the correct device number.

None of this is a big deal to me it is just minor editing of the files and re-running GenIRDB, so let me know what works and doesn't work, and we'll get it right.

-Jon
        Attached Files

Comment

I didn't mean to confuse the issue. Let me iterate over what I have done. I actually have 2 Sony receivers. The first which is a higher end model (my old receiver) and the second which is a low end model (newer one). The commands originally did work with my old-high end receiver and all the other files you sent worked with this receiver as well. The problem was with Rupp8 it wouldn't even flash the emitter. Sorry to confuse you. I'll try Rupp9 tonight and let you know if it works with my new lower end model. This is the one I want to control because it is connected to my whole house audio system. I'll let you know what happens. Let me know if this confused you or cleared things up. Thanks for the continuing help. Greg

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

Thanks for the clarification. I can easily create a file with both command sets (old and new Sony Receiver).

I just realized that the problem of no commands whatsoever is from Barry's latest revision. I just tested that file compared with the same device and protocol files run with the previous version of GenIRDB and the last two files I posted won't work.

Here is that file with the earlier release of GenIRDB. The STB won't work but lets see if everything else does and I'll add back the old Sony receiver later.

-Jon
            Attached Files

Comment

I'll let you know tonight. Thanks.

-Rupp

Comment

The codes in Rupp11 work perfectly with my new -low end receiver. The CD player codes however do not work. The cd changer is a 5 disk changer that is about 10 years old. I wonder if it uses the older type codes? I really appreciate all th work you have devoted to this. Thanks again. Greg

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

Sony has 3 different CD codes so multiple devices can be controlled individually. You might check in the setup or manual if that code can be changed. If not I'll generate the other 2.

-Jon

Comment

I looked and I just can't find the users guide for my 5 disk changer. Could you send me a temporary file with all three and then recreate the final file after I determine which it is. I know I'm asking allot but this is the only thing I know to do.

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

I added the two CD' players CD2 and CD3 and the Sony receiver using the older device codes. Now if we could just figure out the cable box.

-Jon
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here's the low down:

The first CD codes in the list work.
                        Both of the Receivers work.

So can I get a file with the CD and the 2 receivers in it only. I know I'm asking allot.

I would really like to know how to do this so I wouldn't have to bother you so much.

Lets forget about the cable box. I'm going to replace it with a new VCR/DVD combo unit. I can't thank you enough. If I want to add new codes for the VCR/DVD unit can I just learn "around" the existing codes? I feel like should pay you for all this work. THANKS again. Greg

-Rupp

Comment

Did you see this reply?

-Rupp

Comment

Rupp,

I did see it and I haven't had a chance to edit the file. BTW, the extra commands don't hurt anything and don't slow the response down.

Barry emailed me for some more infromation and I was hoping to test his fix but haven't seen it yet.

-Jon

Comment

Reviving an old thread...Hey Rupp

Rupp,

Still using a Sony receiver? I just got one (STR-DE825) and have it all programmed and then found out about AV2 being factory set. I need the AV2 discrete ON and OFF. Are you using AV2 with discretes?
                              Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                              My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                              X