Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I want to set up the Ocelot as an infared interface or RF/IO/Security.etc?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do I want to set up the Ocelot as an infared interface or RF/IO/Security.etc?

My first attempt I set it up as a Infared Interface but whats next. According to the help file I should have some new devices? Help please.

-Rupp
    ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

You will get some new devices. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Like 128 of them.

If you are only using the Ocelot for IR then you don't have to do the IO.

Jeff Farmer

--
    Jeff Farmer
    HS 3, HSPhone
    My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
    Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

If I decide to use it for IO later on will I loose all my IR "stuff"?

-Rupp
      ...One Nation Under GOD, Indivisible, With Liberty And Justice For All.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

No.

Jeff Farmer

--
        Jeff Farmer
        HS 3, HSPhone
        My HS3 Plugins: CFHSExtras, Random, Restart, Tracker, WeatherXML, PanaBluRay
        Other Plugins In Use: APCUPSD, BLOnkyo, Device History, EasyTrigger, HSTouch Server, PHLocation2, Pushover, RFXCom, UltraGCIR3, UltraMon3, UltraPioneerAVR3, X10, Z-Wave

Hardware: GoControl Irrigation Controler, Schlage Lever Lock, Schlage Deadbolt, Way2Call Hi-Phone, RFXCom RFXrec433 Receiver, WGL 800, TI-103, Z-Net, Pioneer 1120, Pioneer 1021, Pioneer LX302, Panasonic BDT-110, Panasonic BDT-210 x2

Comment

I'd like to build up with a system that is as reliable as possible while HS is down so I think I will need a separate security system controller as the ocelot doesn't seem to handle it well enough on its own (no support for multiple consoles unless I want to rely on X10 signalling more).

Can the Ocelot serve as a security system controller if HS is down? If so how would it be controlled (other than by X10)? If anyone has some good application ideas for using the X10 interface to implement a security system console then I'd be interested in hearing about this.

Thanks... Scott

I am thinking about integrating an OmniLT for basic security and stat control with an Ocelot for IR and extended HA functions. The OmniLT would provide rapid response to some HA functions (such as real time light control) and it would exchange messages with the Ocelot via X10 semaphores or perhaps via IR.

Comment

Security: you can do what you're suggesting, Scott. You could also - if you're daring... some say crazy or stupid - use an ADI Leopard to give you the UI to security and/or whatever else.

Doing what you're suggesting may be a challenge in that the only interfaces I know of for the security systems are serial or X10. X10 between Ocelot or Leopard and the security system will work fine - even without HS. Serial interfacing could be more interesting - and more challenging.

The more time I spend with the ADI stuff, them more functions I migrate off of HS to ADI. Many of my light macros are done through ADI now because they're faster. All the motion detection and reaction is through ADI. Irrigation and garage-door control is through ADI.

Really neat thing: code all actions in ADI to trigger off a variable change, then you can change the variable from wherever you need to (HS event, Leopard screen, ADI code, whatever) and the action occurs RIGHT NOW. Part of the ADI code changes the variable back to it's "dormant" state, causing an acknowledgement to HS or whatever. Essentially, what you get is sub-routines that are easy to call from anything with the ability to change a variable.

I'm using HS for all sorts of things that ADI could never (easily) do, but I keep finding more things that run faster and more reliably and consistently on ADI.

Cheers!

(see profile for environment)

Comment

Working...
            X