This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request: HS/Ocelot ASCII Message Event

From what I understand, the OCELOT has the capability to send an ASCII message to the host computer, but HS does not support this function.

I would find it very useful if Rich was to add this functionality. Has this been requested before?

Thanks.
    HomeSeer 2, HomeSeer 3, Allonis myServer, Amazon Alexa Dots, ELK M1G, ISY 994i, HomeKit, BlueIris, and 6 "4k" Cameras using NVR, and integration between all of these systems. Home Automation since 1980.

I second this request! Especially now in CMAX 2.0 of being able to insert a variable into a string that is output, this could be very useful!

One thing it could be used for would be to have the Ocelot to log conditions, etc. to HomeSeer. HS could then put them in its event log (through a script) or do something else on them (ie: present a message box to a computer, etc.

Comment

I believe we should take this a step further. I would like to see full support for downloading events into the Ocelot and have it report back when these events occur.

Off loading to the Ocelot would be a tremendous help in curing the delays that homeseer experiences when setting up a complex event. It would also alow zones to be set up using Multiple Ocelot's.

But for now, I would also like to see ASCII support if we cannot have everything.

Comment

Working...
      X